Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Trigger Warning  - Monster? What Monster? [animal hunting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

everybody in the world are you with me?
it's too late to try to run, we run the city
it's my time, it's your time

The mare narrowed her eyes at the way the colt seemed to just perk up about what a big egg it would have needed to be, scoffing, "Not that large, but I suppose larger than most bird eggs. My species are relatively small when we are first hatched. But we grow quickly." She stated, before tilting her head when he asked about eating eggs. The mare was silent for a moment, "I have . . . never tried to eat eggs. I'm not sure if there would be enough in one to be satisfactory." She commented. She needed a lot of protein and carbs to function properly.

The mare tilted her head as she motioned for him to follow, watching him out of the corner of the eye as he numbled at different things. It almost startled a laugh from her when he attempted to eat the seed from within the piece of fruit, "That is the seed." She commented, when he had stared at the fibery, mushy mess. "If you press it between the ground, cover it up." From where he had already sank it into the ground, one of her claws snapped out, digging the soil up around it, "There is a chance for a new plant to grow from it, filled with more of the fruits." She stated.

She watched, her narrowed, reptilian gaze observing as he fumbled around along the ground, through the trees. It wasn't until she heard the stamping on the ground, the huff of a challenger that the mare suddenly was moving. Her expression was calm, but inside she felt a twist in her gut. The small creature, tusks from it's muzzle was likely to be no serious threat, once she had seen it, but . . . you never knew what was out there. Before she could close the distance however, the growing colt had spun, struck out, and the animal was down in moments. The mare pausesd, snorting before approaching at his comment of a snack. "You're lucky. These normally travel in groups." She commented dryly, even as she lifted her lesser injured hind leg, digging claws through the belly of the beast.

Her muzzle snapped down, razor sharp teeth cutting into the meat, and she could of collapsed in relief at the knowledge this kid likely had no idea he had saved her from a slow starvation. Instead she swallowed the chunk of flesh to look up at him, gaze slow, observing, "Thank you." She stated, as if her emancipated form and injuries keeping her from hunting properly weren't on display, "So . . . why do you look like you tried to outrun a volcano?" She added as she dug back into the surprise meal.

held me down, now it's don't-give-a-fuck time

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Aeon
Notes: She just be like 'huh, kid can hunt?'
it's go time, it's show time
sing it with me everybody, let's go

Artwork ©Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Monster? What Monster? [animal hunting] - by Aeon - 01-04-2022, 02:36 AM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Pangaea - 01-04-2022, 06:52 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Aeon - 01-04-2022, 11:03 PM