Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Trigger Warning  - Monster? What Monster? [animal hunting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm ready to bleed to make amends
And sleep in this dirt we call our bed
So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces
To fall and rewrite the bitter end

He felt alive and it was exhilarating! He snorted softly back at her, “It looks different to others I have fought, but made of the same parts. What do you call it?”  It had been a rough first few years as he had learnt what kind of creatures were aggressive and which were herbivores. 

He watched her eat, subconsciously guarding her in her vulnerable moments. Her teeth were both fascinating and disconcerting, he hadn’t taken much notice of them until now. It however did make sense that creatures that ate flesh needed sharp teeth.

He watched her claws ripping open the belly of the tusked snorting creature.  He hadn’t seen much of the inside of other animals before, this brief glimpse inside was interesting. He knew that life stopped when blood was drained, or certain body parts no longer functioned. But the inside functioning otherwise remained a mystery.  The scent of the kill, of spilled blood was something he wasn’t entirely familiar with. Metallic and aromatic, mixed with the scent of the 4 legged snorter. He had killed creatures before in self defense, but this was different. It seemed a worthwhile venture if it sustained her hunger, much in the same way as other predators had to hunt to live. 

It gave Aeon a unique feeling when she thanked him. It wasn’t often that he had been given the opportunity for this kind of interaction. To be useful and use his strength productively. A capability that would flourish further as his body matured. 

Her next question broke his moment of observation. “I angered the mountain and she evicted us with fire and vengeance. Some others have told me that it might not be my fault - but I find that hard to believe” he admitted with a soft huff. “Being unable to fly, I tumbled down the volcano and got charred on the way down. I landed right in this field.” It was an embarrassing thing to recall. There was no sense in hiding it. His appearance would make it plain as day to anyone that something had happened.

ooc: @Pangaea 

Messages In This Thread
Monster? What Monster? [animal hunting] - by Aeon - 01-04-2022, 02:36 AM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Pangaea - 01-04-2022, 06:52 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Aeon - 01-04-2022, 11:03 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Pangaea - 01-06-2022, 05:09 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Aeon - 01-09-2022, 02:01 AM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Pangaea - 01-09-2022, 02:03 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Aeon - 01-09-2022, 10:14 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? [animal hunting] - by Aeon - 01-17-2022, 08:17 AM