Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Trigger Warning  - Monster? What Monster? [animal hunting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

everybody in the world are you with me?
it's too late to try to run, we run the city
it's my time, it's your time

The Saurian mare tilted her head when he snorted, commenting that it looked different before asking what it was called. She paused, tilting her head, before responding simply. "I'm not sure, it looks like a dinohyus, but it's teeth are all wrong." She stated as she observed her meal, "I'm not from here, kid; so don't ask me." She added by explination, and for a moment her features shifted, falling. Remembering her home, the world she'd come from. Thick, humid jungles, where the reptiles and reptile-hybrids, such as herself survived in a world that made so much more sense.

Where it was eat, or be eaten. Where she knew her purpose. She knew her goal, she knew who she was. Where she raced Duellum between trees, or they fought over random carcasses of compys, or proto-ceratopsians. She sighed with a rough shake of her head, and instead dug back into the meal, trying to avoid the disgusting fur that would clog up her insides and instead flashing fangs and canines as she tore chunks from the innards, before snapping down the heart as a rare treat.

Not like the kid could have eaten it anyways. She did have enough manners to thank him, before she'd asked about his condition. Her head lifted slowly, the pebbled hide on her muzzle and chin tinged red, "You angered a mountain? Evicted you with . . . fire?" She was quiet for a long moment, "Kid, it sounds like you got caught on the wrong end of a volcanic explosition. Did this mountain have a hole at the top, with bubbly red stuff inside? When it cast out fire, was it filled with hot red balls of rock, and clouds of ash and smoke? So dark it could block out the sun?" She finally asked.

This was something she knew well. Such things were common where she came from. "If it was anything like that kid, it wasn't your fault. Those things just go off. Built up pressure under ground. Eventually they start to shake the ground every so often, might occassional start to puff smoke into the air, and finally, they blow their top. It's normal, natural even. Can't tell you how many times I've gotten caught on the wrong end and had to outrun lava flows." She added, before glancing at him, "You're rather lucky to have gotten out of it in relatively one piece, but trust me kid, I know a thing or two about those explositions. There ain't no way that's your fault. Not unless you were chucking rocks and stuff into the volcano and busted it's cap."

Kids these days, wanting to take credit for everything.

held me down, now it's don't-give-a-fuck time

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Aeon
Notes: She's just like 'you think you cause a volcano to explode, don't give yourself that much credit, kid.'

it's go time, it's show time
sing it with me everybody, let's go

Artwork ©Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Monster? What Monster? [animal hunting] - by Aeon - 01-04-2022, 02:36 AM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Pangaea - 01-04-2022, 06:52 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Aeon - 01-04-2022, 11:03 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Pangaea - 01-06-2022, 05:09 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Aeon - 01-09-2022, 02:01 AM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Pangaea - 01-09-2022, 02:03 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? - by Aeon - 01-09-2022, 10:14 PM
RE: Monster? What Monster? [animal hunting] - by Pangaea - 01-18-2022, 12:30 PM