Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Court of Dreams —

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

Back into the court itself, I wander with Damaris at my side, dogging my steps. (See what I did there?) We both move quietly, or at least, it would seem that way to me. In reality, I'm much louder than my companion, the figurative bull in the china shop, so to speak. I hear in the night, above the sounds of the night birds and insects, the trumpeting summons from my King and friend, Reichenbach. A grin spreads on my face. I break out into a headlong gallop, toward the sound of his call. Damaris howls and chases after me, and I feel her joy meet mine. I'm happy, she's happy that I'm happy, and I'm happy that.... Well, you get it.

It doesn't take long to arrive at the festivities that I didn't even realize were going to take place. I toss my head in anticipation of a very good night. I push through buildings, decorations, searching for him. And just like that -- his handsome bay face there before a small gathering, eyes gleaming. I gaze at those present and realize that I have done a very poor job of meeting the denizens of Denocte. Though I've certainly made an effort, I only recognize two faces besides the King. One, Aislinn... the stormy mare that I fought in the Steppe. I smirk, remembering her ferocity. What a woman... There is a tiger striped unicorn, his horn dark but decorated with emeralds. Handsome fellow... At Damaris's comment I snort, dismissing it even though I agree. A younger palomino female, devoid of both horn and wings, stands there as well.

Then I see him. Really see him. "CAMDIS!" I bellow, pure euphoria in my voice. I haven't seen Camdis for.. who knows how long. The handsome, blood-painted unicorn became one of my closest friends somehow in just one sitting. Literal sitting. I remember the peaceful lake-watching vividly. I rush toward him, Damaris tiptoeing into the gathering behind me, unsure of how everyone will react to, well, a hellhound. I glance from Camdis to Reichenbach, and back. "Camdis AND Reichenbach?! Well I'm a lucky bastard aren't I? Fuck everything else, THIS is a cause for celebration!" I trumpet my joy, more expressive in my emotion than I am at basically any other point in.... ever. Happiest, for certain! With a wild eye I look around, including down at the flask around my neck, "Where the bloody hell is my vodka when I need it?!"

Just LET THEM stare!

WC: 416
Tag: @Reichenbach @Camdis @Margot @Aislinn @Hugan et al
His flask has no vodka in it :( but maybe he'll find that little faeries stuffed fruit in it to ferment?! or if y'all got alcohol at this party..

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
The Court of Dreams — - by Reichenbach - 08-23-2017, 01:11 AM
RE: The Court of Dreams — - by Aislinn - 08-23-2017, 03:06 AM
RE: The Court of Dreams — - by Hugan - 08-24-2017, 09:12 AM
RE: The Court of Dreams — - by Margot - 08-24-2017, 10:42 AM
RE: The Court of Dreams — - by Camdis - 08-24-2017, 12:16 PM
RE: The Court of Dreams — - by Raglan - 08-24-2017, 12:47 PM
RE: The Court of Dreams — - by Rostislav - 08-24-2017, 08:24 PM