Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Court of Dreams —

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

The revelry pulses through me, and my joy cannot be diminished. I murmur words to Camdis, enthusiasm swirling around me, then try to catch Aislinn's gaze. SHE only has eyes for Reichenbach. I don't stop to think about what the gaze means or doesn't mean. That would require speculation and my mind is one hundred percent elsewhere. Perhaps I'll greet Aislinn later. I still don't know anyone else here, not really. Those that I had thought lived in the Night Court are not present. Was I mistaken? Were they absent, or had they left? Things change.. after all, I'd left the Sun Court. Reichenbach accuses me of pre-drinking. "It's called pre-gaming, and I would never dare start without you!" I guffaw, winking at him mischeviously.

I'm about to go introduce myself to the others present at the gathering. Before I can take a step, the bay King calls out to us all, quickly grabbing everyone's attention. There's no question of whether to listen or not, we are all drawn to him. Why else would he be king? I knew him before he was crowned sovereign, and even then I'd loved him. My silver eyes are bright as I watch him, rather fluffy ears tilted forward. He begins to announce the court - Camdis Lohir, Lothaire, Rostislav. Of course I'm not surprised to hear my name, as Reich had already asked me to be his Warden. Camdis, I did not know was Regent. I holler at the announcement. Lothaire - hadn't I met him once, when I was searching for the relic? I couldn't quite recall, but the name was not entirely foreign to me.

He goes on to announce the champions. I catch Aislinn's eye this time as she is named the Champion of Battle. She bested me in our spar, and though my pride smarted at the thought, I did not let it affect the beaming grin I shoot her way. I will be glad to have such a sassy and capable woman as second. Araxes... I recognize that name, too. The mare with the little wings behind her ears? The other names mentioned are unfamiliar, and I make a mental note to meet and learn more about Seree, Hugan, and Lyra.

He finishes his pronouncements, and I give another loud cheer. I glance to my flask, expecting it to be empty, expecting to feel disappointment at the lack of vodka. I'd been horrible about collecting fruit to ferment, and had thus been living in forced sobriety for... over a season, at the least. HORRIBLE. But when I lift the lid.... "HOLY SHIT!" I gasp, my voice ringing out. Of course it might have been appropriate to say 'praise Caligo', but I am neither politically correct nor do I maintain proper decorum (and never will). In my flask is a dark colored liquid. I sniff it, recognizing the scent of wine. I lift it to my lips and take a sip - a red, not sweet but neither too dry. Rich. I take a long swig, then watch as it refills. "FUCK YES!!" I lift the flask with my mind to show Reichenbach and Camdis. "I HAVE ALCOHOL!"

My voice will be raw from screaming before the night is over. And once more I shall be drunk as hell, and at last put in the final piece of the puzzle. Perhaps, if they ask nicely, I will even share.

WC: 567
Tag: everyone

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
The Court of Dreams — - by Reichenbach - 08-23-2017, 01:11 AM
RE: The Court of Dreams — - by Aislinn - 08-23-2017, 03:06 AM
RE: The Court of Dreams — - by Hugan - 08-24-2017, 09:12 AM
RE: The Court of Dreams — - by Margot - 08-24-2017, 10:42 AM
RE: The Court of Dreams — - by Camdis - 08-24-2017, 12:16 PM