Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - crossing state lines

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 14 — Threads: 2
Signos: 5
Dusk Court Magician
Male [He/Him/His]  |  8 [Year 502 Fall]  |  14 hh  |  Hth: 17 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

o d i l e

someone holds me safe and warm,
horses prance through a silver storm
figures dancing gracefully across my memory

Odile was curious - no, not just curious. He was overcome with the desire to know, to learn, to hear what fairy tales she had indulged in, in real life. For a stallion who grew up thinking he would get his own happily ever after, only to be caught up in a much more significant, and less visible-happy-ending story, he hoped her tales of disbelief were less . . . . painful. But she does seem to struggle with wat to say, merely stating that she'd come to recognize strange magic. The swan smile gently, "It's okay, you don't have to tell me what you experienced. I should have realized it would have likely been personal to you." The avian-stag stated with a dipped of his beak, his black eyes shining warmly, sincerely - taking no upset at the lack of a story time.

Instead he eagerly takes on the duty of being able to help her, smiling brightly and nodding eagerly, "Then your knight in ivory feathers I shall be!" He declares, ever the one eager to mask his own self-worth issues behind a bravado of never ending cheerfulness, ignoring that cold, cruel voice in the back of his mind that wanted to creep up, to ask if he really was so galliant, so knightly. Can he really help others. For a moment that control slips, as Deryc's words come rushing back, You're always getting into trouble, can't even help yourself . . . . It's like a job, having to take care of you all the time . . . . An accident waiting to happen . . . . can't you go out for ten minutes with out needing someone to save your ass . . . . you exhaust me, Odile . . . . We're expected to get married, isn't that reason enough. The final words echoed, chilling him to the bone as if a bucket of water had been tossed over him.

But he would prove otherwise. He would help, he could help miss Thomasin right now. So he shook of those negativies, locking them in a box to address at a later time (to always plan to address at a later time, ignoring the way they continued to rot away his self-confidence, his self-worth, his self-love). When she does ask what he is after the sun sets, he awkwardly chuckles, shifting his wings, "Depends if I'm on water . . . He admits, his smile turning sad, "If you promise not to tell others, though . . . I'll share . . ." He adds, if only because he feels a sense of ability to trust the lamb-like mare, with those wide, doe eyes. "If I'm on water, when the moon rises - as soon as the moonlight touches my wings, I return to my normal form . . . a stallion, although I am relatively small for one." He pauses to eye her critically, "I might be just a little taller than you - not even by a full hand." He adds.

He does chuckle when she suddenly turns bashful and he gently rubs his head against her leg again, reassuring, "It's alright, I was only joking anyway. My heart still belongs to my ex . . . I'm afraid I'm just not cut out for romance I guess." He states playfully, despite the shadows in his eyes. We're expected to get married, isn't that reason enough. He chuckles, before looking up at her, "I'm happy with any friends I can make, to be honest. And as long as I find good company to enjoy my time with, I'll be happy. And I met you! So, already my days seem better." He declared warmly. As she turns to her side to allow him up, he pauses in surprise at the foilage coming from her exposed side, eyes wide and surprised before he smile, "I'll be careful not to hurt your pretty flowers." He states, flapping his wings and awkwardly pushing himself into the air, so he won't have to clamber up and risk damaging her. He soon lands delicately between her shoulder blades, the swan instantly snuggling down in the natural nook there, his long neck pressed against her spine, so his head is perched between her ears, and his wings trail down her sides, unintentionally obscuring, and shielding that very exposed portion of her side as he relaxes. "And I wouldn't call you abnormal, I don't think there's a such thing as normal in general. You're perfect just the way you are, Miss Thomasin. Now then, shall we go find your friend?"

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Thomasin
Notes: <3 <3

Lineart © Darya87 @ DA; Character/Design © Dyzzie

Messages In This Thread
crossing state lines - by Thomasin - 01-17-2022, 03:38 PM
RE: crossing state lines - by Odile - 01-17-2022, 04:33 PM
RE: crossing state lines - by Thomasin - 01-21-2022, 03:52 PM
RE: crossing state lines - by Odile - 01-26-2022, 06:32 PM
RE: crossing state lines - by Thomasin - 01-29-2022, 02:21 PM
RE: crossing state lines - by Odile - 02-22-2022, 07:52 PM