Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Draw me close

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

Hold me in this wild, wild, world
'Cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
And in your heat I feel how cold it can get

The warmth of the fire was a welcome embrace to the light-pelted woman. She eagerly accepted the heat as it actively set to work drying her coat and hide. She knew it would do little to her bound back hair. The thick curls, even if down, would take a long time to dry. But now, bound back to keep the long locks controlled, that dry time would be even longer. Thankfully they were only damp from the snow. Not waterlogged. She did swish her tail closer to the fire, keeping a distance to avoid it catching aflame, and her mane flipped to the side of her mane closest to the flame.

More than the fire, however, she liked the aesthetic of the cave-shelter. She had begrudgedly entered establishments before, uncomfortable in the urban environment and the walls that contained her . . . . Trapped her. Especially after the life she led, both the wild lands of her home world, and the white building she had been trapped in. But this place wasn't suffocating, it was nice. Comfortable, Cozy . . . Homey, but primitive enough to feel familiar. It would help to bridge the gap for the wild-raised woman, help the cities feel less restricting, and less unfamiliar.

She glances up at Gareth when he starts to speak, a small frown tugging at her muzzle when he sighed deeply. At his words she offered a reassuring smile, " If the weather is acting up, there is little we can do. I would much rather be waiting out the storm in here, rather than caught out there." She assured.

As his gaze shifted back to the entrance, she carefully stood and approached his side, " Don't worry. Even if we are stuck for the next day, or even three, it'll be fine. And I don't mind the break from traveling, or the warmth of the fire."  She offers a small, and reassuring smile before returning to her spot by the fire.

She had to make a face when he sat another cup in front of her, before looking up at him with wide, pleading eyes, "Will this one taste better?"  She asks almost pitifully, before taking a cautious sip, visibly showing her relief at the taste. The warmth that gathered in her belly as she slowly sipped on it was a relief.  Her gaze returned to him, watching as he added a log to the fire before returning to her side, and settling down next to her. His body instantly provided extra warmth, warmth that she had to remind herself not to cuddle into.

Once again she is hit by his earthly scent, heavy but comforting. A scent she had already associated with him, all herbs and linens and . . . Good. She distracts these thoughts by focusing on his words, his promise to tell her what he knew while the snow continued to melt.  The smooth rumble of his voice was its own kind of temptation, though  But it did make for easy listening as her eyes drifted shut. He explained these names and their importance, these idols worshipped in Novus. Her eyes open when he clears his throat, and she sees the sheepish expression on a expression on his face.   She lifted her head at seeing his expression, a reassuring smile on her face, " It's all right, you still know far more than me. I won't judge you for being raised on different beliefs, I promise." She assured.

She is intrigued by the story of fire, her head dropping again as she enjoyed the sound of his voice. It was alarming how used to him she had gotten in the past couple of days. Now, even this close to him, she found herself not minding. Somewhere along the way that temporary trust had shifted into something more . . . More real. And while the acknowledgment was scary, she was also relieved. To have someone she could trust. " I find the lore and beliefs so interesting," The woman says softly, "There were no beliefs like that back home. Or none I was privy to." She admits after a moment. " It was just a land of basics survival, struggling to survive. I like that Novus isn't like that."

Hold me in this wild, wild, world

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Gareth
Notes:. Awkward phone post.

Cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
And in your heat I feel how cold it can get
Now draw me close

Artwork ©Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Draw me close - by Pangaea - 01-27-2022, 08:12 PM
RE: Draw me close - by Gareth - 01-27-2022, 09:08 PM