Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Draw me close

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

Hold me in this wild, wild, world
'Cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
And in your heat I feel how cold it can get

She was a pack animal who had been alone for far too long. Or that was the excuses she made. It had been years since she was with a pack, when she was snuggle down into Rex's side as the raptors flopped around them. Years since she fell asleep to the soft sounds of pack mates, family surrounding her. Herds had their own relations, their own methods. They stayed close enough to soothe each other in moments of fear, but otherwise they did their own thing, lived their own lives. A pack was so much more. You ran together, slept together, ate together. Surrounded yourself with each other. The scents of pack where like Balm to the weary soul.

That was the only reason she felt so comfortable. Yearned to touch, to feel him at her side. A pack member who has been alone for so long. No other reason at all. Not a one. As he opens container, speaks of other fruit on hand, he's dancing his attention between her and the fire and with each glance it takes herself control to not meet it. To not give into any of these silly, fleeting desires. Maybe she was just grateful for his company and healing! Yes that had to be it. That and her having been alone for so long.

She glances up, her gaze dancing back to him when he mentions she shouldn't worry about predators. She merely smiles, allowing him to think that was what had been working through her mind,  "I don't know many predators who prefer to hunt in this weather." She agrees, watching as he moves to peer into one of the pots of water.

He shifts, his body coming in contact with her, her skin suddenly feeling hot from where he'd briefly pressed against her. It was like a rush of warmth runningball the way up to her face, and she's suddenly grateful for the pebbled hide that can hide her blush. His murmured apology is met with a quiet, "It's alright." It wasn't. That light touch has her wanting to lean into his side. To see if he really was that warm, if she'd really fit that well.

Her gaze jumps up at him when he mentions he can move if she needs, and her answer comes quick, "No!" She wines, immediately attempting to back pedal, to save face, to not embarrass herself, "I, I mean it's fine. I don't mind . . . ." She adds her own ear shifting back suddenly, even as she hears his hooves shuffle, so she makes excuses, "I'm a pack mammal, more than a herd mammal. I don't really have boundaries . . ." She adds, wincing again, "I mean, I have boundaries, just not much for personal space, I'm more worried about encroaching on yours and making a fool of myself . .  And i wasn't planning on actually saying all of this . . . And now I really am making a fool." She suddenly had the desire to bury her head in the sand and pretend she was invisible 

Instead she manages a laugh, "Let me try to explain properly. Pack mammals don't have bubbles of personal space. We take comfort in the closeness of pack members. So i assure you, you're not encroaching on my space. But if I ever forget myself and encroach on yours, just let me know." She stated, pretending like that was the reason she would occasionally touch him when talking. And it had nothing to do with those damn butterflies she didn't remember eating. She just had to remind herself. He was a friend, her doctor. That didn't make him pack, and she needed to keep her hands to herself .

Even if she really wanted to curl into his side, body her face against his neck and inhale that boyish and earthy scent that was all his own. Wanted to fall asleep to the sound of their two heart beats, and his breath from beside her. Wanted to feel his touch again, the way it burned across her hide. Wanted to get lost in this eyes -.

No, she was just a pack mammal that was alone, and grateful for the help. Nothing else. Nothing. Else.

Hold me in this wild, wild, world

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Gareth
Notes:. <3

Cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
And in your heat I feel how cold it can get
Now draw me close

Artwork ©Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Draw me close - by Pangaea - 01-27-2022, 08:12 PM
RE: Draw me close - by Gareth - 01-27-2022, 09:08 PM