Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Fly away, little Butterfly

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 33 — Threads: 8
Signos: 5
Night Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Winter]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Dance like no one is watching

The door opened and Syn’s heart fell. This was not the being that she was expecting. The scent was so familiar, but she had never seen him hidden in a cloak before. "Oh… um…" She started to stammer before his words caught her attention. She looked closer, seeing the eyes hidden within and smiling softly. When he motions her in, she strides in and shakes her own cloak off of her neck.

"What is with the cloak?" She asks softly, vivid eyes following him as he moved. "And regarding the barging in, I was afraid that it wouldn’t be you… and I couldnt bring myself to barge into some stranger’s house." She answered, her gaze dropping to the cushions that she curled into. 

Syn eyed the glass before her, the fruity scent tantalizing as she tried to get the nerves to settle. "Where to start…" She murmured, taking a sip of the tea and then adjusting it with milk and sugar to her taste. Another long sip gave her a chance to wrap her head around her world. "Do you remember how I spoke of my cousin before?" She started softly, eyes closed as she pictured the older fae and the way they had left their last meeting.

"Well… She is here. And apparently there have been changes to our home… Her court is gone, either dead or hidden in mine. I wasn’t there to help, to defend our people beside her. I failed my duties as princess and was so far away that home wasn’t even a thought… She says she doesn’t blame me, that she blames herself… but how can I accept that? How can I not be at least partially to blame? I ran away from home, from the future that I was expected to bear. And while I was gone, the fae kingdoms went to hell." She said, her words filled with sorrow and pain. 

"We parted badly… the entire conversation went hellaciously. I think she hates me now. She lost everything, her love and her… her…" The word did not want to escape as she felt tears sliding down her cheeks. "Her son. She had a son that was killed and I wasn’t even there to help defend him. How can I blame her when she lost everything in one fell swoop?" Syn pushed aside the tea, draining the glass of alcohol in one drink as she felt the meltdown threatening. All she wanted was to know how to fix it all, and at the same time… There was no fixing things that had gone so dramatically badly. 

"She had everything, love and family… Perhaps that is why I have never found real love… Because I let her love die. Maybe I dont deserve it." She whispered softly, eyes closed as she curled in on herself a bit.

@Savannah
"Speaking."
Notes: She beast with the face of an angel?!? I figured that she had probably told him everything since she trusts him XD

Messages In This Thread
Fly away, little Butterfly - by Savannah - 01-28-2022, 06:43 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Absynthe - 02-02-2022, 03:47 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Savannah - 02-02-2022, 06:38 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Absynthe - 02-02-2022, 11:18 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Savannah - 02-03-2022, 05:09 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Absynthe - 02-03-2022, 05:41 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Savannah - 02-08-2022, 12:10 AM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Absynthe - 03-02-2022, 01:41 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Savannah - 03-05-2022, 03:37 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Absynthe - 05-02-2022, 09:13 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Savannah - 06-03-2022, 05:20 PM