Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Fly away, little Butterfly

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 2
Signos: 20
Nigh Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  12 [Year 499 Summer]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 27  |    Active Magic: Mage  |    Bonded: N/A

savannah

you shine in this pitch darkness
that is the butterfly effect

The mage was faintly amused to see her expression upon his door opening, the faintest hint of a subtle smirk as she started to stammer before finally looking closer. Her smile was soft, not the cocky, expressive one he thought fit her better, even as she strides in, shaking her own cloak and asking about his own. "I have learned my appearance is rather . . . memorable. I have not intention to have others seek me out with obnoxious zealously. So, I decides to tailor a cloak to fit my needs - that is, the need to be forgettable." He could feel her eyes on him as he moved around, and he snorted once, at the idea of this being anyone else's home, much less that anyone else could create and then enchant a butterfly so thoroughly, "I was not aware you had made companions with other ridiculously talented mages. And here I assumed the butterfly, and the variety of enchantments upon it would have pointed towards my identity." He drawled in a bored tone, even as he set her tea before her.

He could see her struggling to settle her nerves, to find a place to begin her tale at, and so he offered a quiet word of recommendation, "I hear the beginning is the best place to start. Although, telling the end first may help another decide if it is truly a tale they wish to listen to." She finally begins to speak, and he nods at her question, remembering the energetic affection she had used to describe her cousin. However he begins to frown as her tale turns dark. Courts gone, and the blame Absynthe put upon herself. What was more alarming, however, was the manner in which she was unintentionally dismissing her cousin with her own selfish view point, even if she was trying to selfishly destroy her own reputation.

"Be silent." His command is rough, immediate when she mentions the idea that she doesn't deserve affections just because of what happened to her cousin. "You are behaving as if a selfish child, Absynthe, do you not hear yourself? This is not a matter of who should be blamed, and who should not, this was an attempt for your cousin to share her distresses with a family member who would be there to comfort her in her time of loss. By focusing fully upon yourself, you have utterly dismissed your cousin's losses in a way you cannot even fathom yet." He doesn't beat around the bush, his words delivered directly, as he shook his head with a rough sigh, "That said, it does not mean you cannot mourn what has happened, but by placing things into the viewpoint you have, you have turned the entire situation and made it about yourself. It's not only a disgusting trait to have, but one I had not assumed you would unintentionally exhibit."

His words were gentling at this point, and he sighs heavily, "Allow me to ask you this, Absynthe. If the rules were reversed. If you came to your cousin, ashamed and upset over all of this happening to you. Your child dead. Your kingdom destroyed, everything gone. And your cousin behaved as you are now - what would you do? If your cousin ignored your suffering to be upset with herself, because she was living her own life and experiencing her own adventures as was her given right as a living being. Do not blame yourself for what you are allowed to do - to live, to explore, to meet new individuals."

Savannah sighed, before stating almost plainly, "Let me offer another thought to you. Had you been there, rather than exploring. You would never have met me, Absynthe . . . and had you not met me, not helped me in my time of despair . . . I do not believe you'd have gotten the chance to meet me. You may see what happened to your kingdom as failures against your soul, but you are also dismissing the positive impacts you have made in the lives you interacted with. Because you sought to experience life yourself, you saved my own."

The stallion pushed his tea away, picking up his glass of mead made the old-fashioned way and knocking it back to allow the silence to settle for a moment. "We all make choices that will take our lives in different directions, Absynthe. And not all choices will make things always okay. Life is not a fairy tale. Is has multiple characters living out their own lives, making their own choices. Instead of blaming yourself, try to help her not blame herself, and instead turn your blame and ire at those who would destroy the fae kingdoms. They are the ones most worthy of being despised."

He set his half filled mug down, cutting his gaze to his friend, "And if I ever hear such foolish thoughts from you as dictating you're not allowed something like emotional ties, just because of what has happened to another, I will personally turn you into a frog, and use your extremities in potions. Everyone's life belongs to them alone. You may have impact on another's life in a positive or negative way, but it is through interaction only. And it most certainly would never curse you to loneliness . . . only I can curse so thoroughly, so keep your muzzle shut before I decide to try it out against you."

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Absynthe
Notes: A little tough love?

Character Art/Design © Dyzzie

Messages In This Thread
Fly away, little Butterfly - by Savannah - 01-28-2022, 06:43 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Absynthe - 02-02-2022, 03:47 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Savannah - 02-02-2022, 06:38 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Absynthe - 02-02-2022, 11:18 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Savannah - 02-03-2022, 05:09 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Absynthe - 02-03-2022, 05:41 PM