Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Fly away, little Butterfly

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 2
Signos: 20
Nigh Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  12 [Year 499 Summer]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 27  |    Active Magic: Mage  |    Bonded: N/A

savannah

you shine in this pitch darkness
that is the butterfly effect

Her eyes tracked him, as he sets his cloak aside, multi-hued hair falling into pastel eyes. The stallion however pays her little mind, his attention on her words. There was something tragic there, and she wasn't supposed to sing a tale of tragedy - that was his ballad, "While I had no intentions to follow you, I am not opposed to your company. Had I not traveled this way freely, a simple missive requesting my visit would have been enough to see me venturing to this land. I do not have so many friends as to ignore the pleas of one. Further, while I am aware I do not have the capacity or understanding to demonstrate affectionate accurately, despite my study into such social endeavors, you are a treasured friend. Absynthe, you should know, should you ever need me, I shall be here at your side." He doesn't touch her, he doesn't offer a reassuring touch, such actions still confused him. But his expression is calm, certain, unwavering. It is a promise he would never break willingly.

He does feel a sense of dismay when he hears Syn's words, and as her head drops, he doesn't let up on her. He is a heavy handed being. It was how he was raised, "Regardless to if you are typically this selfish or not, it does not excuse your behavior now." He retorts, calm in the face of her exclamation. He remains impassive when she questions how she's supposed to behave otherwise, waiting for to say her piece. He is still and silent, watching the tears fall, but he doesn't reach to soothe. If she is to get past this behavior, she must experience the pain to accept the outcome. Hiding from it through blame was merely a way to escape the truth. "By ignoring the blame. It is a weakness now, a means to escape the reality. Focusing on your own blame keeps you from facing those horrors, facing your own pain and her own. The stories you tell of your cousin do not paint her as a being who would hate you for weaknesses in the face of loss. But your inaction will likely being hurting her as well. Stop searching out a party to blame, when instead you should be leaning on each other in mourning for what you have both lost. She lost her parents, you lost your aunt and uncle; and vice versa. Your parents may be alive, but they cannot be reached any longer. She lost her son, you lost a nephew you didn't have the chance to meet. By blaming anyone neither you, nor she are allowing yourselves to heal as you should. "

He sighs after a moment, not in the least bit surprised that she cannot be upset to have met him. They had saved each other from darkness more than once. "What you must remember is you are not the filly of your youth. In times of suffering you may fall back to a younger mindset to help cope with the pain, but that may also prolong your own healing. Do not run from what you feel. Only by accepting your loss can you emerge stronger after you mourn. It's the stages of grief, darling. You just need to move away from being angry with yourself." He startles briefly at her touch, as he immediately struggles to remember how to handle an upset individual.

Comfort. Yes. Embrace or soothing touch. He awkwardly lowers his muzzle to her shoulder, bumping his muzzle against her flesh in an awkward 'pat, pat' gesture. "There, there?" He both says and asks; already making a note to research comforting techniques if he was going to be dealing with an emotional Syn. Her question distracts him from his uncertainty in comforting motions, and the thoughtful consideration distracts him enough for old learned behaviors to take over when he wasn't focusing anymore.

His tail lifted, soothing over her back as his mother would do when he was a tyke, and scared. "I doubt you would have to try to convince her. If she knows you even half as well as you say she does, she would come to understand why you did it. You just need to humble yourself, ask for forgiveness, and be honest about why you reacted hiw you did. honest to both yourself and her. It will be a long road to recovery from the heartache you both feel, but together you are stronger than alone. Just talk to her about your feelings, and don't dismiss hers either. That is where it went wrong the first time. She was hurting too, and instead of accepting her heart, you dismissed it for your own need to blame yourself. Remember that she is blaming herself too, and while you are both blaming yourselves, neither of you are healing."

The fae was pessimistic, but the trail she had taken to drown and numb it all down hadbthe mage snorting in disapproval, "This stops now. Alcohol and physical relations are a dangerous slope to an unprofitable future. Next time you even consider such actions, you will come directly here, so I might slap you about the head until you see reason again.. I'll have you extracting slime from slugs if it keeps you from destroying your future in such ways, beds and alcohol. How ridiculous. How anyone could take comfort in physical cravings of the flesh I could never understand. But no more. You're wasting your potential on such distractions. You are far better than a one night hook up, regardless." He stated with a firm certainty in his voice." change these behaviors, Absynthe, or I'll curse a chastity belt upon you, do you understand me? Beds and Booze, shameful." He didn't know what part of him was more horrified. The mage who avoided physical contact. Or the old mage raised in a different Era where women simply did not behave in such manner. Shameful indeed. Mentally he added etiquette lessons to his 'fix Syn' list. Apparently the princess needed a refresher course. Simply shameful.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Absynthe
Notes: A little tough love?

Character Art/Design © Dyzzie

Messages In This Thread
Fly away, little Butterfly - by Savannah - 01-28-2022, 06:43 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Absynthe - 02-02-2022, 03:47 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Savannah - 02-02-2022, 06:38 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Absynthe - 02-02-2022, 11:18 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Savannah - 02-03-2022, 05:09 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Absynthe - 02-03-2022, 05:41 PM