Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Fly away, little Butterfly

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 2
Signos: 20
Nigh Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  12 [Year 499 Summer]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 27  |    Active Magic: Mage  |    Bonded: N/A

savannah

you shine in this pitch darkness
that is the butterfly effect

Savannah stared at one of the few individuals he willingly allowed to claim ties to him. That she would be so foolish hadn't disappointed him . . . as much as perplexed him that some one would be so foolish to not consider their words, and how they could affect someone. But there was a lot about casual interactions that surprised him and made things not feel too understanding. He'd studied books -so many books - on the arts of communication, empathy and similar subjects. And yet so many of these situations felt as foreign to him as if they had been speaking languages he didn't comprehend. He snorted at the idea that she'd believe he wouldn't come for her if she had asked it of him. "Do not be so foolish, Absynthe. Would point would it have to denied you assistance if you were to beckon for me?" He asked in confusion, before tilting his head, "Everyone has areas they are weak. But that doesn't make you any less of an individual. The point of acknowledging that weakness is to aid it. To either build it up so it is less weak, or find someone in which to even out the weaknesses. It is why I shall never dismiss our friendship, despite how odd it may be. You balance my . . . . difficulties understanding others with your own extremely personable ways. That's how it is for friends. We support each other, and we assist in hiding those weaknesses." The stallion stated firmly. WHere the mare was soft, mumbling, delicate. He didn't honey his own words.

He was direct, he was forthright. He didn't allow the emotions to clog the points he wished to make to her, even if they were blunt and hard hitting, "You should know I am nearly always right. You should come to expect it more." He simply retorts, even as he gathers a piece of cloth for her tears, passing it to her, before he had the chance to startle at her embrace, even as she apologized and he rolled his eyes, "I may not be the most physically demonstrative, but if anyone is going to accost my person; I'd rather it be you." He tells her, before managing a faint smile, "Of course they will not be easy. That is why there is stages one must work through. Do not ask me why one must do these things. I can hardly comprehend daily interactions. I'm not the best at sorting through my own emotions - however, to wallow about in your own negativity will only poison you from the inside."

He grins at her repetition of the task he threatened her with, "Oh, yes. They are rather slippery, so it's not any easy task, but I'm sure you'd become quite adept at it with time." He remarks simply, "And no one is perfect. Perfection is a word used by those who wish to exploit the insecurity of others in order to gain something themselves. But, ask yourself, who is it really who wants you to be this? Your cousin? Your parents? Or is this just the role you have decided they wish for you to take on. Be honest with yourself, Absynthe. On whose definition of perfect to you compare yourself to? Because I do not think it is any of theirs." The issues she had to overcome where mental, and while it may be unkind of him . . . the sooner she realized where her stress truly originated, the sooner she could begin learning how to address it, and overcome it.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Absynthe
Notes: A little tough love?

Character Art/Design © Dyzzie

Messages In This Thread
Fly away, little Butterfly - by Savannah - 01-28-2022, 06:43 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Absynthe - 02-02-2022, 03:47 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Savannah - 02-02-2022, 06:38 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Absynthe - 02-02-2022, 11:18 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Savannah - 02-03-2022, 05:09 PM
RE: Fly away, little Butterfly - by Absynthe - 02-03-2022, 05:41 PM