Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus
Poll: Do you accept Uzuri as the second sovereign of Terrastella?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
4 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Maybe
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Private  - The first step is the hardest (Liam)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liam Kenway

More than anything else, Liam wanted his citizens to feel like he was approachable. He'd served under rulers, kings, other soldiers who would tear into you if you even so much as looked at them for assistance. There was no way in hell that the copper-coated stallion wanted to come off like that, and he wanted his court to have an open-door policy. There was nothing too big or too small that could be brought to his attention. Nothing would ever bother him, and he wanted them to know that. "Every experience in life, everything with which we come in contact in life, is a chisel which has been cutting away at our life statue, molding, modifying, shaping it. We are part of all we have met. Everything we have seen, heard, felt, or thought has had its hand in molding us, shaping us," he points out, giving Uzuri a gentle smile. "I think life just likes to throw us some curveballs to make sure we're paying attention."

Nodding in acceptance of her answer, the stallion took a few steps back to allow her the space to pass before falling in step alongside her. "It is a bit bare, what with the winter just recently relinquishing its hold on us, but it'll be back to full bloom in no time," he points out gently again, glancing at the sky through the glass in the Citadel windows.

The shy smile was met with his own, warmth coloring Liam's cheeks. "I was just thinking about how I'd be too worried about my wings failing me if I had any," he comments, his laugh shy and timid. "A couple friends of mine had mechanical wings, and I have no idea how they worked, but they did. The two of them were able to fly surprisingly well," he finishes, gently pushing the doors open to the garden, his advisor staying by the doors as the two other equines went off on their walk.

Wordlessly, he listened to Uzuri, taking in everything that she had to say. Dusk had changed, Liam was certain of it. Of course, whenever there was a leadership change, the stallion was sure that the court would change. With each new Sovereign came a new regime, a new way of ruling, even new champions, amongst other court staff. There was a gentle laugh coming from Uzuri, and Liam found his own lips curling up at the corners.

The great captain remained silent as Uzuri continued explaining, allowing the mare to get everything off her chest that she needed to. There were a lot of emotions at work here, emotions that needed to be talked about and discussed in order to be able to make sense of them at all. In a way, Liam hoped that this meeting would be just as therapeutic for her as it would be monumental. Hearing what the forge meant to her had a soft pang flashing through Liam. He understood that better than anyone else. There were a few mementos from his own mother back in the home he shared with Bucky, and he'd do anything to keep them safe.

Nodding in understanding at the way Uzuri was describing the way she grieved, Liam offered her a gentle smile, tenderly brushing his shoulder against her own. "Never apologize for rambling or for monopolizing the conversation. I didn't think you were doing either; I want you to see this as a safe place," he murmured, throwing her a tender smile as they walked. "I find it— almost humorous that you say you fought for those that had no defender. When I was younger, I was that very person. I had no one to defend me, no one to really stick up for me. Unless you count Bucky, but I didn't meet him until I was about a year old or so. For a long time, it was just me and my mother, who passed away just a few short weeks before I met Bucky," he explains, flicking his ears gently.

"I'm incredibly grateful that you have the forge and that you have something to help keep you distracted from everything that's happened. I just hope that you don't get too lost there," Liam murmured softly, turning his head to gaze at the mare. "That brings me to the reason I was going to seek you out today. Uzuri, as you know, I've been the Sovereign for quite some time, and while I've thoroughly enjoyed my time being of service to Terrastella and her citizens, I feel like there's been something missing. Recently, Denocte has welcomed a second Sovereign — Luvena. I bring this up, because I wanted to offer you the position of second Sovereign for Terrastella. You don't have to accept it now; you can take a few days to think about it if you want to."

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; I'm squealing askdfjasd
Tag;; @Uzuri
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 810

I'm with you till the end of the line

Credits

Messages In This Thread
The first step is the hardest (Liam) - by Uzuri - 02-01-2022, 03:54 PM
RE: The first step is the hardest (Liam) - by Liam - 02-21-2022, 02:37 AM