Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Feud  - (AW) i got a bone to pick, somebody showed you the horror you weren't born with it

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline nastyalicorn [PM] Posts: 37 — Threads: 8
Signos: 2,210
Day Court Entertainer
Female [she / her / hers]  |  10 [Year 501 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

temptable2

burning my cathedrals

cause i dont pray anymore
The copper tang of blood spread across her palette like warm butter on fresh bread. It wasn't that Fever particularly enjoyed the taste of it, but she reveled in the familiarity of it. In that split moment, the gilt in her eyes glazed in bewilderment and satisfaction - time slowed to a glacial crawl, and her attention was pulled away from the dirt and dust bowl nature of the colosseum. 

The blood reminded her of a past life she sought to forget. It was reminiscent of getting struck in the mouth when she spoke out of turn, it was a reminder of house spars and play-pretend of warriors fighting massive sandwyrms. 

-------
A young Fever stands over a house servant, nostrils flaring, a slight pant parting her dry lips. With a set of ears pinned to her skull and the sweat on her skin shining, the filly finally breaks character, a smirk drawn on her face. 

"Beat ya-" She says in-between her breaths, glowering in her false glory as she watched the other pick themselves up. At the sight of their stumble, her grandeur falters, and she humbles herself enough to lend her slender body as a crutch. 

"I think I lasted longer this time -" they said, eye swollen, sheepish smile on their face. 

Fever smiles softly. "You're right, and I think next time, you'll be the one on top of me". 

The other servant laughs; they shuffle and limp off together towards the walls of the courtyard. There, if you listened carefully, you could hear the ceremonial music of Solterrans returning from their slaying of the great Teryr. 

"We will be out there one day," Fever muses to her friend, her heart skip-happy in her malnourished chest, a day-dream of a smile threatening to tarnish her spiteful and dry nature. 

"Maybe you, but not me."

With a moment of hesitation, the chimera yearling is quiet, tilting her delicate head - large eyes full of hope and grit studying the other within a frame of long, wispy lashes. 

"You will be with me, I promise." She whispers carefully, a well-loved secret between the two of them, a brief pact sealed with an ignorant promise. "I will deliver us from this hell."

The other was quiet - meek and unsure of what to say. They shuffled, large and gawky feet drawing strange shapes in the clay dirt.  

Finally, after the silence stretched between them and a gentle breeze tussles their immature manes, the friend looks up to Fever. 

"Please don't forget me when you do."

‐----

How could she forget them?

She never meant to leave them behind.

Fever thought it would be safest if she removed herself from the crime scene, thought it would give them all time to separate and create new names for themselves; adequate space to heal their traumas and nurse those mental and emotional wounds. 

But here she was - instead of sparring with those she was bound to, she was fighting strangers. Who knew if she would ever reconnect with those she once held dearest to her heart. 

Fever was painfully alone in her misery. 

You left us. You left us. 

"I didn't mean to," she says quietly to herself, just a whisper in the wind - maybe it could be deciphered as an apology to tearing into the skin of Aeon. Alas, honestly, she hadn't heard a single word he said. In fact, so distracted by her own ghosts that she did not try to avoid his attack. 

As he reared up, her eyes widened as she was transported back to reality. Colossal hooves threatened to crash down on her, and she didn't have time to out maneuver them. Instead, she welcomed it, thrusting her head into his weight, hoping the spikes along her nape would provide a prickly landing. 

When his weight toppled her, she wouldn't be sure if she ended up scraping him in the process. The size differences would end up hurting the mare, his weight bruising one shoulder and scraping the other. 

Fever would fall quickly to her knees, unable to support their weight, swift to roll over twice and get out from under his feet, creating distance between them. She smirks as the sting of her new injuries would confirm that he, indeed, was formidable enough to fight. 

"Aeon, you're a big boy. I'm sure you've already been recruited by our King to fight for the glory of Solterra, no?"

Unaware that he is not a part of her world, she sprints again, not quite as quick as before due to a slight limp in her right leg - her head is lowered like a battering ram, her duo-horns eager to impale any part of him that she is lucky enough to hit. 

@Aeon
CODE IMAGE

[Image: 45505141_kShAGp5UVRG2Lvt.png]

i am a forest fire; i am the fire and i am the forest
and i am a witness watching it

Messages In This Thread
RE: (AW) i got a bone to pick, somebody showed you the horror you weren't born with it - by Fever - 05-18-2022, 02:16 PM