Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - always in my head

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

She moves with a purpose that is all her own - in a zone of her own creation. Small hooves dance across the floor of the empty shop, swaying to some music that only she able to hear; humming beneath her breath. At each pause, series of herbs and medicinal remedies are stocked into their spots. Jars filled with carefully preserved items, small packages with preground herbs ready to be added to a tea for a quick fix. Small, wrapped hardened molasses type candies to feed to foals to help give them the medicine they didn't take so willingly. Everything was being reorganized, put in it's proper space along the various shelves along the back wall. Around her, a glowing red ball followed those movements, casting that eery red glow on everything around them. As she swung to the side, the ball dived away, watching as flowers scatter out around her equine companion. The delicate arch of flowers that seem to be growing more and more determined to not be chased away. Both Caelum and Tiana wonder how long before her shop has a living floor of florals.

It's a bittersweet reminder of the powers she's gotten so used to, that she hardly does more than ignore the flowers nowadays. She instead turns back to the duty at hand, her song picking up an octave as she hums the next set of lyrics, swaying around the shop, tidying up random messy pillows, smoothing table clothes, rearranging the silk draperies so they're no longer tangled. She spins again, ivory locks swirling around, wings fluttering and shedding that iridescent glitter into the air when she hears the intruder - hooves upon the steps outside. She spins towards the door, hair chaotic, and eyes wide in surprise; before she feels her heart clench.

It's not a red stallion she sees at first; in the shadows of the covered porch. The leathered wings, the fangs, and glowing red eyes wash his skin black. His cautious appearance briefly morphs into the demonic facade of Trey in all of his glorious, cocky tenderness. Playful gaze, twisted smirk that promised her all kinds of thrills and chills. She could almost hear the dark, tempting whisper of Princess in the air. The ball of red energy is quick to move, however; and the spirit swirls around the stallion in greeting, her red glow purposely lighting up the covering so that his red pelt became visible, and Caelum could shoo the phantom memories of her lost love aside. One breath at a time, Caelum. It's not him . . . We both know he doesn't get to come back.

Caelum forces herself to smile in greeting, "Tiana, leave the gentleman alone. I apologize for her; she has only just recently found freedom beyond the confines of her necklace; and I am dreadfully sorry for her eagerness to meet others." She makes the excuse, the lie seems easy -- how shameful; for the Summer Queen to be able to lie so easily. Trey had corrupted that about her as well. Her demonic mate had eagerly pulled her away from that picture-perfect princess image. She continues to chase down his memories, to crumple them up - lock them in the chest-deep, deep, deep down in her heart. "Please do come in, it has been rather slow; unfortunately; and so I thought to take advantage to restock my supplies; but I am always happy for a customer." She teases, with a friendly smile fitting more easily on her muzzle now that the surprise appearance was over, and her startle was settling.

"I have not seen you around Denocte proper lately, Fang. Have you been well?" She asks, both as an offer to catch up, and an assurance she remembered him, A queen doesn't forget a face; remember that Caelum. You should always remember the names of our subjects; it lets them know you think of them. How silly such lessens still impacted her day-to-day even as she runs from that birthright now. "Oh, and forgive my lack of manners; welcome to Fae Gardens Emporium; the finest establishment for quick remedies, and a perfect cuppa." She adds, laughter drifting off her tongue as easily as the flowers trail off the end of her steps as she readies a teapot of hot water, instinctively setting up a tea service to treat her guest with. Plus it gave her a chance to finish settling the last of her nerves.

She hadn't realized how similar Fang's appearance when shrouded was to Trey . . . and the wound of Tiana coming back as a spirit companion instead of Trey hadn't fully healed yet.

Perhaps the friendly company was just what the doctor ordered, however . . . .

A perfect distraction from the reopened heartache.

“Talk.”

(Alternate color for thoughts).

@Fang
Running out of fucks that I can give to you
But you can still be pretty on the inside, too
Your heart's so cold, but I love the way you lie
Should've seen the red flags, but for you I'm fucking blind
x | x

Messages In This Thread
always in my head - by Fang - 04-21-2022, 10:57 PM
RE: always in my head - by Caelum - 04-21-2022, 11:33 PM
RE: always in my head - by Fang - 04-28-2022, 10:53 PM