Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Go your own way

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

Aeon

So tell me your secrets ; and join me in pieces
TO FALL AND REWRITE THE BITTER END

He listened to her intently, soaking up the joy of her mood. It calmed his nerves that he hadn’t even really recognised had been somewhat frazzled since the announcement that Liam would be stepping down. He had spent a reasonable amount of time making his security rounds around the lands. It had felt good to be doing something that was both productive and took his mind off his anxiety.  He was most fortunate that she had baked his exact favourite. It reminded him of just how much Caelum had done for him. How much security her friendship had provided him. “Thank you” he said with a grin, feeling himself relax in her company. 

The idea to fly with birds of prey was not one he had considered previously. It was an interesting one to think about. He had previously watched them duck and dive and fly at far faster speeds then he had dared to so far. It was a good idea. “It seems like watching them would offer benefits. I don’t think I am ready to go as fast or do some of the stunts they do!” He replied recalling some of what he’d seen birds doing. 

He nodded and listened to her instructions carefully. He would be sure to return to see Caelum more often. He unscrewed the lid and sniffed it tentatively. He trusted Caelum entirely with his life and health. If she told him that he should wake daily and wipe mud on his brow, he’d likely do that.  He had never heard of most of the things she had just mentioned. The smell of the peppermint was pleasant and strong. So this is what he was to smell like. The thought drew a smirk to his lips. “I like the smell,” he said softly. 

He was so relieved that she liked his ideas for the arrangement. He didn’t think he’d have a future in flowers - but this was enough for him. He was doing well at being a soldier. The training routines he had taken on seemed to suit him. Something about the consistency of the physical training was reassuring to him. As sure as the sun rose he was out training and doing his rounds. 

“Please send for me if there is trouble.” he said, his tone taking a serious turn. Surely Denocte soldiers rounded and ensured her safety. He contemplated in the moment to add a trip to the lake to his rounds, at least daily. He couldn’t bare the idea of Caelum being harassed or somehow made uncomfortable. 

He was sure that she had tricks up her sleeve and was able to defend herself. “I’m sure you are very capable of defending yourself, but it is in my nature to worry. I should visit more often.” he said with a soft sigh. “Do the Denocte soldiers check in every so often?” he asked now curious about the practices of the other courts. 

@Caelum

Messages In This Thread
Go your own way - by Aeon - 04-26-2022, 10:31 AM
RE: Go your own way - by Caelum - 04-26-2022, 11:42 AM
RE: Go your own way - by Aeon - 04-26-2022, 12:07 PM
RE: Go your own way - by Caelum - 04-29-2022, 12:12 AM
RE: Go your own way - by Aeon - 05-13-2022, 10:25 AM
RE: Go your own way - by Caelum - 05-19-2022, 12:06 AM
RE: Go your own way - by Aeon - 05-20-2022, 02:51 AM
RE: Go your own way - by Caelum - 06-02-2022, 04:45 PM
RE: Go your own way - by Aeon - 06-07-2022, 02:04 PM