Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Redemption

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 3
Signos: 125
Day Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  7 [Year 504 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 14 — Atk: 6 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

s w a h i l i

take a drunk girl home
let her sleep all alone
leave her keys on the counter
your number by the phone
pick up her life she threw on the floor

As she stumbled back, keeping that distance from the stranger that had been so suddenly appearing in her path; she immediately was on guard. It was a natural response for the desert dancer that had been isolated all her life. While she was friendly, she was also naive enough to not expect the worst; but repressed enough to not be stupid. Still, this stallion didn't seem all bad, as he commented on the simple pleasantries of exchanging names. She does notice the lack of formality in the use of her first name, however. She was a lady of House Ataear, did he not realize the power and wealth her father held? Or was he that far removed from the politics - not that Swa could blame him if he was - she herself only knew how to handle herself when introduced in social situations - and not much else. Her brother would take over as head of House Ataear, while Swa herself was just to be a prize for the highest bidder to continue to expand her father's power, wealth, and control.

She wasn't so stupid as to not know what sort of life was waiting for her. Still to then hear the idea that she . . . SHE . . . should train for combat?! The very idea was alarming, "I have no desire to change my mind. Violence only creates more violence. I am a pacifist." The little desert blossom states as firmly as her meek countenance would allow, even as she stared at the ground between her hooves, "I am perfectly fine just the way I am." She had no desire to even think on such an option. He may sparkle with enthusiasm at the idea of training and fighting, but the very idea of such a thing made the rose's stomach. "Further, my father would never allow me to partake in such training, even if I were to be interested. I am a lady of the elites - my duty is to my father's house until such a time he arranges my marriage and I become the lady of my future husband's estate."

She is relieved when he agrees not to keep her longer, already not liking standing in one place for so long, before he told her where he was to be staying, and she frowned, uncertain why she would want that information. Instead, she simply inclines her head, before continuing past him to head home. She stiffens as soon as she realizes he is falling in step, his question instantly causing her to almost stumble. Those practices and rehearsed words fall from her lips as smooth as any line - a practiced lie that even Swahili was beginning to believe, "My father is a powerful stallion with many enemies, and a wealth to match his power. It is for my own safety that I am not permitted to leave the estate without permission." She argues, before glancing at him briefly. "Why did you fall in step with me?" She adds with a further frown, "It's difficult to stay overlooked, and able to just hide into shadows when you're drawing attention."

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Jarek
Notes: :D

Lineart © Vizseryn @ DA; Character/Design © Dyzzie

Messages In This Thread
Redemption - by Jarek - 05-13-2022, 09:07 AM
RE: Redemption - by Swahili - 05-13-2022, 11:31 AM
RE: Redemption - by Jarek - 05-13-2022, 11:52 AM
RE: Redemption - by Swahili - 05-14-2022, 08:36 PM
RE: Redemption - by Jarek - 05-15-2022, 01:25 AM
RE: Redemption - by Swahili - 05-15-2022, 11:17 PM