Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [Event] The Invisible Belle of the Ball

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The music continued around him, amplified by the building they were within. It was beautiful. He hadn’t really heard anything projected in this manner before, briefly wondering if it was magical. Much like many things here, it wasn’t always obvious. It wasn’t worth the time to ponder such things too deeply. He was trying each day to live both in the moment and to be aware of his own decision making. It was an awkward balancing act he hoped would feel more natural with practice. 

He listened to her words carefully, a soft smooth chuckle escaping her lips. “Are we a crowd? You assume so readily that it’s my desire to whisk you to the dance floor. In fact I thought it a more settled opportunity to get your perspective on our court. I won't pretend for a moment that I know any of these routines” with a soft sigh he leaned against a wall. He could feel the eyes of her guard upon him, but he didn’t allow himself to be intimidated. This was a social gathering for social purposes and he had done nothing wrong. 

“I suppose they appear perfect now, but for long did they practice this dance, for this very moment? So much weight on a single interaction. There is far more to an individual than how well they can move to music. There is no creativity in the uniformity of their movement.  I’d rather watch all these souls dancing when no one is watching, see what their natural movements feel like. I think it’d be a more accurate display of their suitableness for each other.” his own mind thinking back to the drum-beats and sweat laden dancing of his own people. There were of course faults with the culture, but one thing's for certain - the movements were passionate and real. It was less of an act and more of an experience. 

He hadn’t dressed himself up for the event, he had been unsure of what was suitable or expected. Perhaps this would be disappointing to some.  He was most comfortable in his own flesh, not covered in unfamiliar clothing and weird scents.

OOC: <3

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Event] The Invisible Belle of the Ball - by Jarek - 05-18-2022, 09:11 AM