Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [Event] The Invisible Belle of the Ball

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He listened to her carefully. It was clear she was not as delicate as she would have the world believe. He could feel some of her rough edges on show occasionally in snippets of their conversation. It was this partially that made him curious. A proper mare of a fancy house that sneaked down alleyways, with guards that had to watch her - lest she get up to something worse? 

“Well, I think it’s exactly that, your unique position that I find interesting. I saw you enter the ally, it is my intention to be familiar with all the walks of life within Solterra. I have an interest in bringing light to all the crevices, so none shall step on them on the way up. I come from a less than humble background, but it's very possible for it to fall to nothing. Once shattered, our morals and our choices in life are all we have left.” He held her intense gase, meeting it back with passionate blue fire within the depths of his own eyes. 

He stopped speaking for a moment to further contemplate what she had said. “ I don’t offer false sympathies, I come from nothing. I have had the shadows ride my spine for longer than I care to acknowledge. It is your knowledge of the particular shadows of Solterra and the suffering of the unseen I wish to know more about. Perhaps it is something we could work together to alleviate.” 

“Those bonfire dances sound more my speed then this setup.” he added freely. His own mind couldn’t help but picture the dances of his homelands. “I have been known to dance freely before a fire on occasion. Imagine if you took this entire room, blindfolded them. Give them a drum beat then let them find each other in dance. You’d soon find who was compatible and who was not” he said with a playful tone. It was true, how you communicated with touch and voice would determine perhaps how well matched you were. “That is, if they could even let themselves feel the drum.” he said with a slight shake of his head. Some in truth were very resistant to that instinct that surely survived in each and every one of them?

He chuckled softly at her somewhat barbed comments. “Your face is worth admiring more than once. But I am far more interested in what’s within your skull.” he replied playfully, his icy blue eyes mischievous. Oh, he could see the mischief and the good deeds they could run together. “But yes I am very new to this place.” he added softly. 

OOC: <3

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Event] The Invisible Belle of the Ball - by Jarek - 05-23-2022, 09:36 AM