Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [Event] The Invisible Belle of the Ball

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 3
Signos: 125
Day Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  7 [Year 504 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 14 — Atk: 6 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

s w a h i l i

take a drunk girl home
let her sleep all alone
leave her keys on the counter
your number by the phone
pick up her life she threw on the floor

The gypsy rose was watching the stallion, likely as carefully as he was listening to her. But what could he really hope to learn from her when she worked so hard to craft the perfect persona. That of a mere wealthy daughter who flirted with danger. Wasn't that the best example of who she could pretend she was? Not the trapped gypsy forced to wear the wealthy daughter's persona. Even her story was carefully manufactured - the story of being raised by a mother who was more nomadic before being taken in by her sire told the story of a daughter raised in wealth. No one could truly understand nature versus nurture unless the could see into her soul, read into her mind. Hopefully, no magic would gift someone with that ability. "Do you intend to be familiar with all walks of life, or to understand the way those individuals walk through life. There is a vast difference between the two, after all. Bringing light to the crevices is good in some thought, but what - pray tell - will you do when you discover that many will shy away from that light? Not all of those with a lesser place in life want to be put on display, to be taken care of, to be solved. While I admire what you are wanting to do, you must understand . . . Not everyone in those alleys will want help, and not all of them will deserve it. While the poor live in those alleys, so do the thieves, murderers and villains."

Jarek certainly talked a good talk, but even if he had passion, he needed to comprehend that passion only got you so far, and there was no way to save everyone. And then he spoke and she frowned. He had just stated he came from a less than humble background - meaning he was like she - from a wealthier walk of life. But now he's stating that he came from nothing. "Less than humble background, or nothing? Which is it, Jarek. For no one can come from both." She retorted sharply, her gaze suddenly guarded again in what could have either been a slip of the tongue, or a lie he forgot his line for. "Just because some live in the shadows, does not mean they are all suffering, nor does it mean that they want those shadows illuminated. Not every shadow is bad. Some shadows protect others." She argued, meeting his passionate gaze with her own, standing a little taller to show she wouldn't back down from this view.

Trying to rid the world of the alleys, and the lessers would never do any good, particularly for as long as he considered them to be merely unseen and suffering. There was sooo much more going on in the alleys then just that. Thankfully the topic soothed to the talk of bonfires, and dancing freely around the fire. She had to snort at the idea of blindfolding the room though, "Too many here arrived with the intentions to find a future spouse to be willing to be blinded folded and able to dance. My own future spouse is likely to be in attendance and spoken to by my father. This is not a dance, for dancing sakes. The wealthy will use it as a means of expanding their circle of power, establishing new connections, and I certainly would not be surprised if a number of marriage contracts are made tonight. It is simply the way these kinds of minds work."

She tilted her head at his comments, before snorting in amusement, "Likely difficult to admire my face through this mask, is it not?" He asks with amusement, before tilting her head at the idea of him being interested in her mind, "Please do understand, Jarek, my thoughts are not always the most common for Day - I do hope I am not the only one that you are conspiring with. I'd hate to lead your thoughts astray - particularly if you are so very new to this land." She turned back towards him, suddenly amused, before trotting past him, and snapping up a lock of his hair in her passing, tugging it lightly before releasing it, so he knows he can continue to keep her company, "Well, ask what questions you have, so you may feel less new. If I don't have answers for you, perhaps you'll find someone else to ask. Shall we dance while we talk? Let's see if you know how to follow the beat of the drum?" She adds, as she slips into one of the side court yards, rather abandoned, but still able to hear the music next door - but one where her father would not be angry if she chose to dance as her roots demanded - a gypsy wild and free, and already swaying, and twirling to the music. "Do you know why Day Court thrives despite the heat - have you walked the streets, tasted the spice on the wind? The Day Court is full of fighting souls. Each and every one of us. Some may fight in a more obvious way, with weapon in hoof. But it's our spirits that hold that power to not be crushed under the weight of others." She spun again, on the beat of the music, her gaze turning up to him, "Do you have a spirit that will not be crushed and shaped under the weight of others? Or are you the sort that allows others to map out your decisions? How easily do you succumb to another's opinion, another's thought? Do you shape your choices by their reactions to those decisions - or do you hold your own personality, and hold yourself true to it?" She spun back towards him, staring deeply into his eyes.

"Who are you, beneath the 'guise of a stallion who wants to illuminate every shadow you find. And why are you so against shadows, Jarek?" Why deny the shadows that allow others to do their own work. Why deny the shadows that have their own purposes as well?

"Speech"
Thoughts
Open to Anyone
Notes: :D

Lineart © Vizseryn @ DA; Character/Design © Dyzzie

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Event] The Invisible Belle of the Ball - by Swahili - 06-03-2022, 05:57 PM