Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the home we build

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maxence

Maxence
I am not so easy to kill

The sovereign's ear swivelled at the hoofbeats of another, one who seemingly approached carefully and with calculation. Out of the corner of his eye he spied a flaxen creature and immediately assumed it was Bexley, though curiosity caused his gaze to turn. Blue eyes found a similar pair in the stranger's face, a man who was not unlike the champion of community but rather very similar in colour. Whether the male who stood before him was handsome or not Maxence would not know; even the most beautiful would not sway the stern commander to appreciation of any kind.

This stranger smiled far too much for the King's tastes, so it was with a breathy sigh that the chestnut turned his gaze away toward the field where lay the work at foot. "And you are?" Maxence asked of the man, his back remaining turned, eyes fixed ahead, not even an ear lent for attention. 
Soon the actual Bexley presented herself, and thank Solis that she did - he was beginning every sage, commoner and healer in the capitol had abandoned him. Her stern dismissal of the man who appeared as a weedy doppelgänger of herself was slightly entertaining to Maxence, though emotion such as that never displayed upon the soldier's face. "Bexley" he greeted her with a tip of his poll, crownless head bending in her direction, and soon he followed her lead.

Dragging a hoof through the fertile soil transported days before from the Rapax, Maxence aimed to create a corrogation on the field - lines in which the crops to grow, orderly and well maintained. Not a moment passed before a question was raised; an unwelcome and unsolicited one.
By the time the king had looked up the man had slunk his head down to work, and grinding his teeth Maxence wtched him from afar. In all honesty, the answer was not all that private - he just disliked personal questions, especially from strangers.
"It was given to me by my soldiers after we took back the city of Babel from those who would see my country swallowed by invaders" the commander began, stepping forth a pace or two and continuing his own work once again. "The opposition controlled all manner of beasts and this bastard nicked half my patrol."

Pausing once more, Maxence straightened his head and glanced to Bexley and then the strange man "I slew it and my men awarded me with his head. For some reason I was known as the Lion of Babel from that day on."

Hallo! 
@Vadim @Bexley !
by blair of shine, translated to html by meverrnind

Messages In This Thread
the home we build - by Maxence - 09-01-2017, 07:56 AM
RE: the home we build - by Vadim - 09-04-2017, 08:39 AM
RE: the home we build - by Bexley - 09-04-2017, 01:27 PM
RE: the home we build - by Maxence - 09-09-2017, 05:02 AM
RE: the home we build - by Raum - 09-10-2017, 08:17 AM
RE: the home we build - by Vadim - 09-11-2017, 09:41 AM
RE: the home we build - by Rhoswen - 09-12-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: the home we build - by Bexley - 09-16-2017, 01:42 AM