Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Allie allie lou.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Wubs [PM] Posts: 8 — Threads: 3
Signos: 250
Inactive Character

oh my Dearest
they will eat you alive

“You’re sure you can’t change your mind?” Her mother asked in an almost child-like way and for one brief second, their roles were reversed.

Dearest smiled, a sad sort of smile though, touching her forehead to her cheek, “It’s not that I can’t. I could. But I don’t want to. I just need to...” and she trailed off but her mother nodded, showing that the rest of the words were unnecessary.

“I know. I only worry because the world out there... it’s not as beautiful as you’ve dreamed in your head, Dearest.”

This place was an acquired taste, and that was putting it lightly. Her new companion squeezed next to her and she instinctively shifted, giving her a bit more space but also angling herself to study the mare better as she spoke. There was a very blunt and direct way to her words, and the red woman could appreciate that.

“He didn’t smash a glass on my head. Did throw a bottle though, so what I’m really lucky for is my reflexes.” Dearest gave a small chuckle at her own words, as is her way, before shrugging it off. “If we’re being honest, I don’t think anyone likes to be alone. I think they like not having to trust again. He’s a gruff man out of defense. Not aggression.”

Her lips twitched down at the corners, as if she was about to say more, but the drinks were suddenly clattered on the bar and whatever emotion had been there was replaced with a satisfied noise from her throat. She didn’t wait to cheers. She didn’t sip from the large stein. She instantly chugged the glass, sound effects included as she finished the last drop and burped. Perhaps ‘burp’ was an understatement. She belched like a creature 3 times her size, exhaling afterwards with an audible “woo”. If she was with her childhood friends, she would have blown it straight in one of their faces, but she was with Sabrina and had turned her head to the side. Looking back, her eyes were bright, like lanterns in the dingy musk that was this establishment.

“Excuse me. I really needed that.” she said, though her voice lacked any embarrassment, and the tender must have expected it because he was already silently getting her a second. Dearest mulled over the two-toned mare’s question, waiting for her new drink and for him to scurry off to another patron before answering.

“That’s Reolfwig. He owns this hole in the wall and is pretty damn proud of it so don’t let him hear you saying that. Good man. Bit proud, but that seems to be the trend in this court if we’re going off what I’ve seen.” Her voice grew a little softer then, lips becoming tainted with emotion close to sadness, but not quite, “You may see a place to crawl in and die. Me? I see something real. Every one of these people have a story. Stories of love and life. Stories of war and pain. I never knew how lucky I was before stumbling in here. Just a gypsy girl ringing her bells. And you know what? They accepted me. There’s something to be said about the downtrodden and the rejects. At least they appreciate the worth of a smile.”

She shrugged again, taking a drink from the new tankard set before her, “Also I get a discount because I rent a room in the back.” She said, finishing the sentence with a wink.

Messages In This Thread
Allie allie lou. - by Dearest - 12-18-2020, 09:24 PM
RE: Allie allie lou. - by Sabrina - 12-20-2020, 11:49 AM
RE: Allie allie lou. - by Dearest - 12-21-2020, 03:05 PM
RE: Allie allie lou. - by Sabrina - 12-22-2020, 09:12 PM
RE: Allie allie lou. - by Dearest - 12-22-2020, 11:01 PM
RE: Allie allie lou. - by Sabrina - 12-24-2020, 01:36 PM
RE: Allie allie lou. - by Dearest - 12-28-2020, 03:51 PM
RE: Allie allie lou. - by Sabrina - 01-01-2021, 04:43 PM