Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Just an ordinary day

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Voltaire

Voltaire

The water is thick and heavy against his legs, slowing down his retreat from the oasis as he made his way toward the mare.  There is a peace to the silence around them – true to the desert, where no beast dared to walk in the heat of day.  Here at the oasis, he knew this was slightly different… for the beasts of day came to find their drink.  Since his soak in the pool, a pair of mountain big horned sheep had found their way to the water’s edge, as had a red tailed hawk, which now soared overhead with the occasional scream on the wind.

I haven’t.  In truth, I’ve only met a couple of others since arriving… it must have been less than a month.  He couldn’t recall exactly when he’d arrived to Solterra, only that the days had turned to weeks and his life had become something of a routine.  This was good, as it kept him to his purpose – to his penance.  But, Voltaire had let himself relax a bit, and explore the land around him with the curiosity of a newcomer.  And, already the world around them had started to change.  Maxence was gone, and uncertainty ran rampid among them… but they would prevail.  Places like this always did.

What is to come of this place, now?  Of course, the blue stag spoke of recent events where the teryr had broken the relative peace of this place… but if rumors were to be believed, he was speaking to the future regent… so surely she had some sort of plan.  He planned to support her in this endeavor, however he could.  And piece by piece, he expected that Solterra would heal and mend itself once more.  Life would move forward, as surely as it always had before.

ooc: figured I’d incorporate recent events, but feel free to push back on him for being nosy

day court caretaker
html by castlegraphics; image by duskbeguile

@Seraphina

Messages In This Thread
Just an ordinary day - by Voltaire - 10-15-2017, 12:47 PM
RE: Just an ordinary day - by Seraphina - 10-28-2017, 01:04 AM
RE: Just an ordinary day - by Voltaire - 11-19-2017, 07:13 AM