Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - What's Worth Protecting

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

FLORENTINE
REICHENBACH'S BAE

The horn slices through the air; it’s sound a sharper song than the clatter of startled feet upon the marble floor. Warily Florentine takes a step back. Her eyes, dark in the shelter of the room, follow the arc of the horn, a lethal warning to approaching adversaries.

“I am sorry to startle you.” The words are wary, even more so than her eyes that watch the tension ease at last from her courtier’s muscles. But the seriousness of the moment is lost when Ki-irha sinks into a bow, her slender limbs bent in reverence to Florentine.

The bow is met with a nervous giggle and the flush of too hot blood into her cheeks.
“Oh, no, no, up you get. There is absolutely no need.” Her wings beckon the girl up awkwardly, “Especially not when you already have an injured leg to accommodate.”

Folding her wings tightly to her side, the flower girl is relieved when Ki-irha at last draws their attention back to the painting. ”Yes, I believe it is supposed to be Vespera.”
 In contemplation her eyes wander over the graceful curves, the bruised shadows of dusk light framing the sleek golden mare. It not only commands the picture, but also succumbs to the brilliance of the mare. It was a battle, Florentine thinks; a dance of power between dusk and its goddess.

“I-“ She begins carefully, her eyes never leaving the painting, “- do not…” A sigh, as soft as petals escapes her, “That is not true… I just cannot bring myself to worship them. But as queen I am trying to…” There is no hope to these words; no taste of impending conversion. She is a girl made up of too many worlds to ever kneel down and worship one god.

”I am glad you are healing well and I am grateful for your message. Do you enjoy visiting the other courts Ki’irha?” Her eyes drift out through the open windows and the lands that stretch out below them. Were her brethren being well received in Solterra? ”I hope you are right and they are being received well. Maybe when you have rested enough, if you should like, you can go and report on their progress for me?”

Florentine smiles, considering the room with its ornately sculptured walls and painted frescos, “Oh no. I could never sleep somewhere as lavish as this. I am quite too messy for that. I was born in a thicket and would quite happily sleep a night out in the open again. My room is quite plain, I just enjoy hiding here occasionally.”

The girl’s smile is an impish thing as her eyes, glittering with mirth, settle upon Ki-irha once more.

@Ki-irha <3

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
What's Worth Protecting - by Ki'irha - 10-29-2017, 03:29 PM
RE: What's Worth Protecting - by Florentine - 11-13-2017, 01:24 PM
RE: What's Worth Protecting - by Ki'irha - 11-13-2017, 06:34 PM
RE: What's Worth Protecting - by Florentine - 11-24-2017, 02:12 PM