Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Messenger

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

florentine

Please. The word is a plea, called out through too-tired lips. The voice is weary even as it fights its way through the air and fall leaves. For all its weakness it is still strong enough to filter in through the court’s walls and to Florentine’s ears.

The word has the Dusk girl standing, fleeing towards the window as her amethyst eyes settle upon a creature of dust and so much sweat. Exhaustion trembles her every limb and Flora is quick to flee the inner court in search of the girl.

She arrives in time to hear of Maxence’s demise. She knows of beasts, Maxence had once shown her the corpse of a teryr he and his Courtiers had once killed. Rannveig had healed Inkheart’s broken leg – the beasts were vicious and dangerous. Thoughts of their tragedy set Flora’s heart fluttering in her chest, “Was he the only casualty? I hope no others have met the same fate?”

The flower girl calls and a page appears. “Find Yana, Jude, Evangeline and Israfel,” the new, young sovereign requests softly, delegation a strange taste upon her inexperienced tongue. The page disappears with a nod and Florentine’s gaze returns to Ki-irah. “Thank you for coming. I have sent for some of our caretakers, they will heal you. If there has been a teryr fight then it is likely Solterra will need our healing skills, not just our condolences for the loss of their sovereign.”

She thinks of Seraphina, the girl she once met who glowed more silver than the moonlight she bathed beneath. They were of a similar age, and once were both emissaries… Flora wonders if Seraphina also sometimes found the weight of responsibility heavy upon her shoulders.

“Seraphina is the Solterran Emissary and the other woman was most likely Avdotya, their regent. Was she all stern looking and brandishing a spear?” The flower girl clarifies as her eyes drink in the dust and sweat upon the messenger’s skin. “You did well to reach us and tell us of this. Were you adventuring in Solterra? Is that how you saw what happened?” The question is as far from an interrogation as it could be, rather, Flora’s question is filled with a pleased kind of curiosity. “We need people adventuring and maintaining our connections with our brethren courts. I am Florentine, may I know your name?”

It was mere moments before Evangeline, Jude and Yana arrived and the Dusk girl’s smile grows in welcome of them all. “@Evangeline, @Jude, will you be so kind as to travel to Solterra with our condolences? Their king, Maxence, has succumbed to a teryr attack and they are now without him; I imagine they will be in need of healers. Maxence and I once discussed an exchange of our healers for their warriors, I would like to extend our part of that offering now, in honour of his passing.”

Florentine’s attention then drifts to Israfel – a warrior of fierce fire – “@Israfel, will you accompany Jude and Evangeline, aid them in their work as healers and in relaying our condolences? I hope to join you all soon, but I shan’t hold you back when Solterra may need us.”

Her gaze drifted to the glittering black swamp witch, “@Yana, would you be so kind as to heal Ki-irah, her leg is wounded and she would likely be grateful for some help to reach the baths in order to wash – sweat and sand are a frightfully itchy combination.”

((I hope @Jude, @Evangeline and @Israfel happy to go and spread some Dusk help and love in Solterra – may be fun to get some bonds (or otherwise!) going there. @Ki’irah since she is wounded I suggested she stay back and heal, however if she wants to return to Solterra and help the relief effort then once she has healed enough I am sure that would be cool!

Anyone any questions, then pm me on Discord loves!))

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
The Messenger - by Ki'irha - 11-04-2017, 01:07 PM
RE: The Messenger - by Florentine - 11-06-2017, 02:47 PM
RE: The Messenger - by Jude - 11-06-2017, 04:49 PM
RE: The Messenger - by Israfel - 11-07-2017, 09:24 PM