Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - These Cold Steps Will Warm

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Somnus

The fleeting moment of concern that he was interrupting a moment of privacy was just that, fleeting. She smiles, an adorable, innocent expression that reached her eyes, and Somnus found himself at ease in her company. It was her following words, however, her inquisitive rebuttal to his own outlook that caused tawny golden ears to swivel forward at attention, brows raising in intrigue. A philosopher, then? The look of surprise was quick to fade into a more welcome, neutral expression, lips turning upwards in an honest, yet soft, grin. Verdant eyes glittered knowingly in the sunlight, and he chuckled.

“I intend to do no such thing, I assure you,” he soothed, not wishing to cause her any distress, “You’re quite alright. I fear it is impossible to trespass upon a land that is owned by no one.” The Eluetheria Plains, after all, had no Sovereign, save for maybe the Gods themselves. No King nor Queen called the land home, the Courts leaving these sparse lands to their own devices. A neutral land, you could call it, welcome to anyone and everyone. Somnus himself had spent plenty a time upon these very fields, even if there had been far less snow at the time.

She introduced herself, her name finding a place in the tactician’s brilliant mind, where it would stay amidst an impeccable memory.  Adelheid. He nodded once in understanding. “A pleasure, Adelheid.” And it was. The world did not have enough inquisitive minds. It was nice to meet another like-minded individual, especially in one so young and eager. Catching her scent amidst the smell of frost and winter air, Somnus found that he could not place just where she had come from. From her brief words in regards to the Plains, it appeared that she may not be of Novus at all, but he had never been one to assume.

Adelheid’s innocent statement and inquiry drew his attention to the trampled snow, and he chuckled. “I do not live here, if that is what you are asking. I live in Delumine, to the southwest. The Dawn Court, to be more precise.” Deciding to ask a question of his own, the Regent of Delumine allowed his gaze to drift back to the dappled maiden before him. “And you? Are you of Novus, or new to this land?” Hopefully she wouldn’t think his question too bold, or presumptuous.

@Adelheid

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
These Cold Steps Will Warm - by Adelheid - 12-16-2017, 09:53 AM
RE: These Cold Steps Will Warm - by Somnus - 12-20-2017, 09:51 PM
RE: These Cold Steps Will Warm - by Adelheid - 12-22-2017, 08:39 AM
RE: These Cold Steps Will Warm - by Somnus - 12-22-2017, 09:30 PM
RE: These Cold Steps Will Warm - by Adelheid - 01-05-2018, 11:21 AM