Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - of cloudless climes and starry skies

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Somnus

To put it bluntly, he was exhausted.

Sleep had not come easily for the tactician. His thoughts were troubled, plagued from bouts of inactivity that would drive him from the deep recesses of the citadel library to his very own quarters, pouring over manuscripts and ancient texts in search of his answers, before backtracking to seek old wisdom from another ancient text. He was simply searching for answers, of Novus’ elusive history, as well as Oriens and the other deities. Somnus was, after all, a knowledge-seeker, priding himself on his keen, brilliant mind, and could hardly stand any form of ambiguity.

It was early. Far too early for any right mind to be out and wandering the hallways of mortar and ivy, but Somnus was distressed. Antsy. He needed to move, to walk, to think, to get his mind on straight before the sun overtook the world and he would be needed in handling matters of the Court. Caelum had been distant. The thought of the starborn prince pulled uncertainly at his heart, anxiously, causing him to fret over things he wouldn’t have normally bat an eyelash at. Had he done something unwarranted? Behaved inappropriately?

“Come now, Somnus,” he muttered gruffly, the richness of his accent deepened by exhaustion, “Don’t be foolish.” He was, always, a gentleman. Obsessed with perfection and his political appearance, Somnus hardly let his mastered façade down. There were few that he could simply relax around; Ulric, Florentine, Caelum… Maybe. Kasil was growing on that list, but his King was just that; his King. It was the golden tactician’s purpose to serve the Dawn King to the best of his abilities, and a task that he did not take lightly.

It was those doubts, those wonderings and need to simply move lest he become victim to his own dark thoughts, that sought him pacing through the hallways. His pace was purposeful, yet leisurely. He knew these halls intimately, walking them countless times a day and night, each step made with considerable poise and grace. It was telling, then, that he was unaware of another approaching, so lost in his own thoughts and musings.

At the voice that beckoned through the empty, frigid air, distinctly female, Somnus paused, keen verdant eyes lifting to rest upon an unfamiliar form, illuminated by torch light. A stranger she was, but her scent spoke only of the forests of Delumine, and so he knew that he needn’t be alarmed that she may pose as some stranger with ill intent. Ulric did not need to be alerted, then. A pale maiden she was, ivory speckled with rich cream dapples, like a new canvas flicked with a paintbrush. Her eyes, a rich, vibrant blue, caught his attention, and despite it all, he smiled softly.

Golden ears twisted forward, emerald depths inquisitive as he regarded the young woman standing before him. “The library?” He inquired, tilting his head curiously. Exhaustion gave way beneath the force of intrigue. “Certainly. I am headed that way, and would be happy to guide you.” Mottled amber wings furled close to the dunalino’s side to be tucked out of the way, and he dipped his head in a motion that said ‘follow’. Only when he was certain that she would, Somnus’s hooves guided him further down the hallway, his pace far slower than it had once been.

“It’s not often I encounter others within the citadel at this hour,” he mused, glancing sidelong at the pale lady, “Nor one seeking the library. Here I thought it was the usual haunt of myself and His Majesty.” He smiled again, wistful and yearning, and the expression was accompanied by a warm chuckle. “Apologies. I’m rather out of sorts at the moment. My name is Somnus. I don’t believe I’ve had the honor to yet meet your acquaintance.”

@Messalina <3

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
of cloudless climes and starry skies - by Messalina - 01-02-2018, 03:12 AM
RE: of cloudless climes and starry skies - by Somnus - 01-02-2018, 08:59 PM
RE: of cloudless climes and starry skies - by Messalina - 01-04-2018, 07:09 PM