Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - dearly beloved.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

FLORENTINE
REICHENBACH'S BAE

Florentine stands upon the edge of Novus. Lamps cast themselves off the edge of this world and drift out, out towards infinity. She wonders what it would be like to fly with them. Her body is light, her heart already gone. It wings its way up into the skies, lit by the golden flames of a thousand floating lamps. Yet Florentine remains grounded and her heart tethered. Her wings are spread, wide and glorious and gilded gold. She does not fly but merely stands and feels the air beneath the down of her feathers.

Another approaches the Dusk Queen. She hears the jangle of coin, the press of night and dread rises like a swell of black within her. Her eyes close against the presence, she doesn’t want to see him, not after their earlier encounter. She does not think of the absence of jasmine, or that the footfalls are too light to ever be her Night King lover. Instead she says wearily, without turning. “Reich, I–“

She stops, hearing the sigh of feathers caught in a fitful wind. The flower girl turns abruptly, met not by a king, but a stormsinger. “Aislinn.” Flora breathes silver and soft. “Forgive me, I thought you were Reichenbach.”

Her eyes alight upon the smile that curls the stormsinger’s lips. It is a ray of gold in a roiling sky. The dusk girl’s own tip up in answer. Was there anything easy between these girls? How ironic that they should again meet here, upon the weather-worn cliffs when this time it is Florentine’s heart wounded by their King of Thieves.

“You are not intruding. Your presence is quite welcome.” Blue meets amethyst as Florentine studies Reich’s gypsy warrior. “I hope you find the festivities enjoyable?” A wing gestures to the lamps, the dancing, the merrymaking. “You seem to come with purpose, Aislinn. If you have come to ask as to where my brother is, I cannot help you, I rather assumed I would find him with you.”

The smile she holds is a painful thing and she aches for wearing it.

@Aislinn eeeee BFFs 

This styling is also nice for some non-obtrusive OOC credits, wordcount or banter. Don't forget that divider up there.

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
dearly beloved. - by Aislinn - 01-21-2018, 01:10 AM
RE: dearly beloved. - by Florentine - 01-24-2018, 05:25 AM
RE: dearly beloved. - by Aislinn - 01-26-2018, 05:55 AM
RE: dearly beloved. - by Florentine - 01-31-2018, 08:49 AM
RE: dearly beloved. - by Aislinn - 02-18-2018, 03:17 AM
RE: dearly beloved. - by Florentine - 02-22-2018, 04:01 PM
RE: dearly beloved. - by Aislinn - 02-27-2018, 03:10 AM
RE: dearly beloved. - by Florentine - 03-08-2018, 09:01 AM
RE: dearly beloved. - by Aislinn - 03-13-2018, 05:55 AM