Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - painting the roses red

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

florentine

Flowers cascade down the bank towards the trees. The garden, illuminated by a red and purple sky, succumb to the shadows of a dawning night. Yet, even with Calligo’s shadows creeping in, their vibrant bodies gleam in protest. They were her heart, the flower-girl thinks, a heart that longs for Night’s shadows to creep away. They lingered like smoke over the ruins of her heart which had all too soon been returned to her, in pieces.

An ear twists, between flowers and hair of twisted gold. It catches a sound, the clip of slight feet, the brush and sigh of leaves that reach and stroke at passing limbs. A girl moves past the queen, hiding as she was in a dense thicket of flowers. She heads for the awning, its glass roof pouring glass toward the ground like crystal water.

The dusk night, opening up beyond the glass, welcomes the girls as Florentine steps from her hideaway of petals and green. “Thank you.” Flora answers softly. Her amethyst eyes sway towards the young caretaker, a smile curling her lips. “But it is for us all to share and care for together.” She moves beside the girl whose skin was the richest wine-red. There is something silken about this girl: her smile, her skin, her voice. They are all as rich as her skin, all as ethereal as her wings that tuck close to her sides.

They are so similar, the flower girl and her intoxicating protégé. Golden lashes settle over her cheeks as Flora takes a deep breath, her chest tightening as her thoughts drift beyond the night and to the boy so terribly injured by the Night King and his band of Crows. “You must already know that Lysander has been attacked by Reichenbach and his Crows. He is fighting for his life in the healing rooms... I will not tolerate my people being attacked, and that is why I called you here tonight, Cyrene.”

Florentine’s lips lower to a flower, if only to draw her thoughts from their dark turn. Not even the beauty of the flower can lure her away from her shadowed considerations. “Forgive me that I have not met with you yet, but I have heard a lot about you. You remind me of how I was when I first came to Terrastella… I was restless and so keen to travel. Home was never a set place for me and I never wished it to be. I made friends, and lovers, in other courts.” She says carefully, her eyes glittering as they turn again to regard Cyrene. Whilst the Winter’s End Festival had been a terrible thing for its host, Florentine had heard the talesof how it had treated others too... Velorca and Cyrene. The flowergirl knew the boy, snide, silken, serpentine. His distaste for her and her court had never been a secret. His tongue was as sharp as a blade.

“There is going to be much to discuss between the Courts. Dusk needs to find its alliances. It has never been a pertinent issue to me before, but things have changed.” So much, too much. “I therefore want to ask you if you will be my Emissary? I need someone with connections in other courts; someone who has no fear of making friends with those so unlike them. Could that be you, Cyrene?”

her eyes trail over the red, red silk of Cyrene’s slight body, “I shall be going to speak to Seraphina in Day soon, if you wish to take the emissary position, will you accompany me?”

@Cyrene - I am so sorry this took me so long. It's not great, its been a craaaazy few weeks! Pop up on the updates forum that Cy has been appointed as Emissary and you will need to use this post as evidence ;) <3

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
painting the roses red - by Cyrene - 02-04-2018, 06:39 PM
RE: painting the roses red - by Florentine - 02-17-2018, 07:11 AM
RE: painting the roses red - by Cyrene - 02-26-2018, 10:49 PM
RE: painting the roses red - by Florentine - 03-01-2018, 01:15 PM