Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - A million dreams

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

florentine

Oh the silence was long and terrible. Florentine counted each second in the beats of her heart and there were too, too many.

For all that there were no words, that silence was so heavily pregnant. It was weighted with thoughts and emotions – so many, too many. Flora pushed away her own thoughts and when she couldn’t, she lifted her chin so they would not drown her.

But still the silence goes on.

An eternity feels like it stretches before them. Florentine longs to move, to shift her body (turn and run!) but she doesn’t. Her mind forms invisible roots and they bind those slender limbs to the stone beneath her feet.

It is wrong to think Florentine appoints Israfel as her Warden in a rush, in a moment of desperation. The spot had been empty for an eternity. Rannveig’s abdication had left their kingdom depleted of so many positions. It was time they were filled and with a heart broken, it was all she could do but to focus upon her kingdom and make it flourish.

The silence ends and a sigh so large, so freeing, races past her gold lips. The warmth of relief seeps through her veins. It is a soothing balm against the wounds on her heart, but those wounds still know pain and there is one word she says that reminds them what it is to hurt. If you tell me the truth. Flora flinches as if struck and her heart most certainly is. There was no way to hide such weakness, no way to rid herself of these scars.

Did that flinch make her seem guilty? Maybe so, but Flora still does not know what lies she has ever told to make people desire the truth from her like they do now. She was the girl that was always too open, she always spoke too freely why now, did they deem her deceptive? When would she be able to keep some truths to herself, kept safe in the quiet of her soul?

That word comes again, heavier with meaning designed to have more impact. And it does, it strikes Florentine like a whip and it stings. With a breath she breaks those vines and steps back, away from the warrior girl.

“I have never lied to you, Israfel. I have never lied to any from Terrastella. I chose to keep some events to myself as their wounds are still fresh. Am I not entitled to that?” She asks softly, though that voice is growing firmer as her sadness turns to anger.

“You want to know what has happened and I will tell you. I found Isorath and Reichenbach together at the festival. They had been meeting together for some time and seemed closer than friends. I had brought Lysander to meet Reichenbach but when I asked about Reich’s relationship with Isorath, he grew jealous of my relationship with Lysander.” Florentine turns away from her Warden, her eyes drinking in the dawn through the window.

“Reichenbach believed I was lying to him and so hypnotized me with his magic. Later that night he and his Crows beat Lysander to near death.” Then, in a whisper, “We are still not sure whether he will survive…

“It turns out Isorath and Reichenbach had fallen in love. Isorath’s intimacy with my then boyfriend, under the many watchful eyes of other courts, opened Terrastella up to weakness. He also did not show much concern towards his compatriot’s attack and so I removed him as my Regent. He chose to leave Terrastella, Israfel. I did not command he do so.”

Florentine falls silent and her gaze slowly draws back from the window. It settles upon Israfel, “You may disagree with what I did, but I did what I felt was best for Terrastella. I always will. My people are important to me and I will do whatever I have to, to protect them.”

A smile, small begins to curl the corner of her gilded mouth. “I thank you for your loyalty.”

@Israfel - <3

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
A million dreams - by Florentine - 02-18-2018, 05:29 AM
RE: A million dreams - by Israfel - 02-19-2018, 05:45 AM
RE: A million dreams - by Florentine - 02-22-2018, 06:11 PM
RE: A million dreams - by Israfel - 03-01-2018, 11:25 PM
RE: A million dreams - by Florentine - 03-08-2018, 10:27 AM
RE: A million dreams - by Israfel - 03-18-2018, 01:12 AM
RE: A million dreams - by Florentine - 04-05-2018, 10:59 AM
RE: A million dreams - by Israfel - 12-10-2018, 04:58 PM