Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - daybreak

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 399 — Threads: 81
Signos: 100
Inactive Character

OH MY OWN VOICE CANNOT SAVE ME NOW

--

He was startled, at first. As she looked into his startled features, watching him struggle to regain some sense of composure, she was put in mind of herself just over a year ago – young, naïve, and uncertain, blindsided by a promotion for which she felt utterly unprepared and utterly unable to reject. He settled quickly, though, and she thought that was part of the reason why she chose him. Seraphina kept a careful watch on his features even as she continued to speaking, gauging his reaction. Shock gave way to perception. Good.

He didn’t hesitate to give her an answer as she had anticipated – instead, he gave a fractional pause, as if to collect himself, and then told her that he would. (Inwardly, she breathed a sigh of relief, though she was slightly amused at the way he chose to accept her offer. Of course. As though it was simple and natural…but maybe it was, for him.) She met his gaze evenly, a hint of warmth flickering momentarily into her steely gaze. “Thank you, Eik.”

And then he asked his first question. She expected it, of course; anyone would have questions, especially Eik. The man was practically made of them.

“Your job will consist of handling the Day Court’s foreign affairs. You will have the opportunity – if you consider it that – to travel to the realms of the other courts, both to keep an eye on their own movements and interests and to engage in diplomacy on behalf of the Day Court.” Seraphina missed the travelling, sometimes. Now she was confined to this desert; it had never felt more like a prison than it did with the crown on her head, or around her throat. “You will also be expected to act as my counsel, help to decide cases in court, and remain impartial as we attempt to make decisions. You will have to familiarize yourself with the history of the Day Court, and you will be forced to engage with its politics.” There was a hint of something akin to disgust in the young queen’s voice as she mentioned Solterran politics; it was only a hair away from her usual apathy, but the difference was still audible. It was gone when she spoke again. “It will consist of a good deal of travelling; you will constantly be between nations. When you are here, I suspect that you will spend a good deal of time in the library, reading and researching and writing.” She wondered if he had been practicing – after they had spoken in the library, Seraphina had thought that he might. “What would you like to know? I will tell you as much as I can.” Solis knew that she hadn’t the faintest notion of what being Emissary had meant when she had taken on the title; the very least she could do for Eik was to answer his questions.

@

@Eik - <3

I'M IN A ROOM MADE OUT OF MIRRORS
and there's no way to escape the violence of a girl against herself.

please tag Sera! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Messages In This Thread
daybreak - by Seraphina - 02-19-2018, 09:06 PM
RE: daybreak - by Eik - 02-22-2018, 08:08 PM
RE: daybreak - by Seraphina - 02-28-2018, 07:28 PM
RE: daybreak - by Eik - 03-01-2018, 07:19 PM
RE: daybreak - by Seraphina - 03-04-2018, 09:09 PM
RE: daybreak - by Eik - 03-06-2018, 03:25 PM
RE: daybreak - by Seraphina - 03-11-2018, 03:19 PM
RE: daybreak - by Eik - 03-28-2018, 09:52 PM
RE: daybreak - by Seraphina - 04-07-2018, 08:00 PM