Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - but I'd risk it all just to be with you

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rhoswen

[Image: rhosheader.jpg]

Rhoswen
Rhoswen did not miss the shadowing of Raum's happiness; it caught her off-guard, sweeping her off small elven feet. It couldn't be helped: her surprise. For her paramour was not a beast strung together by simple pleasures or whispering joy, he was an enforcer of a law written by Crows, a killer and a thief. The blend of excitement and cheer that eased its way across those pale marbled features brought a curious expression to Rhoswen's own face, studying him with a stare that was riddled with caution and hot bewilderment. He was happy? -- to be a father? Of the two, Raum had always been the more straightforward, the more forthright, and with this truth it should not have been hard for Rhos to understand the blooming of exultation in her lover's lungs. Too blinded, I suppose, by her own misgivings and regret: she did not want to raise a child, not now (perhaps not ever) but, of course, it was too late for thoughts as violent as those, far too late. Her heart belonged to the desert sun, and she burned with a fever that ran and ran and ran.

You can. But you don't want to.

Eyes thick with storm roll to the heavens as their mistress thwacked her tail into the air, derision pouring from her gaze as it lands back to Raum. "That, too." She hadn't been expecting anything less than a fight from him; blood had to be drawn, one way or another. Time had shown Rhos that the Crow deliberately chose not to understand her plight -- for a reason she could not seem to decipher. Perhaps the truth was too hard to swallow, and the fabrication that Rhoswen had turned her back on Caligo out of pure bullheadedness was instead a more palatable picture. Rhos knew she didn't care what he thought, not anymore, she was beyond caring about the opinions of others -- especially Raum's. But when the bleached man spoke again, murmuring of deprivation and protection, it was a step too far. Pale smokey lips peeled back to reveal a row of teeth that gleamed like the moon's skin, and with one swift movement Rhoswen speared her head forward to snap pointedly at Raum's exposed cheek, hoping to tear his skin and his pride. 

"You underestimate me, clearly," she growled, retracting her dainty head set high upon satin shoulders.

But he smiled again and Rhoswen could not stay furious with her moonlit assassin for long. He is the Ghost to haunt her beneath a canopy of stars and sunshine akin. His words are nothing but knifelike disappointment wedged in deep between her ribs, but again, there are words she knew would come. Rhos was a Seer when it came to Raum, reading his thoughts and whims - if only to ask her questions and hope they would change anyway. "A Crow should know when enough is enough."  She sighed then, tired of the games they had played for so long. "Would it be so hard for you to put me before your precious band of crooks, for once?" Her voice was calm, knowing his reply would be laden with quips and indignation, and it was, potentially, a hypocritical question - but then, in Rhoswen's mind, she had put him first. His very undetected presence in Solterra vouched for that. "What must I have done in a past life to fall so in love you." Her delicate, razor-sharp words born to etch across Raum's skin in a moment of surprising tenderness; their romance was nothing short of volatile. 

But of course, like everything between them, it did not last. Like flame upon bone-dry earth Rhoswen leapt away from Raum's flank, twisting with unsurprising grace and speed before casting one more glance over her shoulder at that blue-eyed boy as she slipped through his fingers once more. Homebound.

@Raum <3 -edit to include rhos exit-

Messages In This Thread
but I'd risk it all just to be with you - by Raum - 02-23-2018, 10:16 AM
RE: but I'd risk it all just to be with you - by Rhoswen - 03-08-2018, 10:32 AM
RE: but I'd risk it all just to be with you - by Rhoswen - 04-04-2018, 10:02 AM
RE: but I'd risk it all just to be with you - by Rhoswen - 04-07-2018, 07:40 AM
RE: but I'd risk it all just to be with you - by Rhoswen - 04-10-2018, 12:53 PM