Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - it's not rigged. maybe. [warrior meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I look around at those gathered. It's not nearly as many as I had hoped, but perhaps that's just what I get for being gone and not paying attention to our roster. I swallow a tempting sigh, and try to remember to be thankful for those that HAVE shown up. After all, they barely know me, and I've yet to really give them a reason to respect me as their Warden or have them listen to me at all. I glance at Aislinn, the first to show up, and feel the relief course through me that she is by my side. She's proven herself much more than I have. Not that I don't think I can command a crowd, but it helps to have a little back-up if the crowd gets ideas of their own.

A smile slips onto my lips as our rag-tag leader appears as well. Then Acton, the youth with the ginormous dragon appears, though he doesn't identify as a warrior. Finally a stranger appears, and my smile broadens further. It's good to see that there are unfamiliar faces willing to answer my call as well. Mentally I note that Erum is absent, and Morrigan. There are others I thought would attend, but they... appear to have left Novus altogether. All the more reason to strengthen and hone those that remain!

"Newcomers are always welcome, and as Acton points out, you don't need to be a soldier to be a bastard." I smirk at the four of them, thinking that all but perhaps the newcomer may be categorized as such. Well, maybe not Aislinn. I dunno. Maybe. "To cut to the chase: I'm organizing a little tournament -- emphasis on 'little' seeing how there's so few of us -- to sharpen our skills as fighters. Or," I glance at Acton. "Round out your skill set. As warriors we need to be at the top of our game and there's no better way than to train with your comrades."

I walk before them, eyeing each of them up and down. The assessment is more for show than any real analyzing. I'll pair us up at random. Having passed the last of them I halt and turn around. "I will pair off with Acton first.. Aislinn can battle whomever of us wins. Reich and -- you, newbie, you two together. That'll give us a good starting point." Damaris remains silent and in her place, watching us all with keen eyes. I often think she sees and understands much more than I do, even for being a different species. I think perhaps she will comment on the proceedings, but still she is quiet. I give her a gruff but large smile, feeling rather accomplished.

Tag: @Aislinn @Acton @Reichenbach @Eidolon @omgsorryItooksolong
Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
it's not rigged. maybe. [warrior meeting] - by Rostislav - 02-23-2018, 12:03 PM
RE: it's not rigged. maybe. [warrior meeting] - by Aislinn - 02-23-2018, 10:34 PM
RE: it's not rigged. maybe. [warrior meeting] - by Reichenbach - 02-28-2018, 12:07 AM
RE: it's not rigged. maybe. [warrior meeting] - by Acton - 03-02-2018, 02:44 PM
RE: it's not rigged. maybe. [warrior meeting] - by Eidolon - 03-16-2018, 08:48 PM
RE: it's not rigged. maybe. [warrior meeting] - by Rostislav - 04-03-2018, 11:26 PM