Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - clear the skies from smoke

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

S O M N U S

Orion certainly had a point. A year might not be a terribly long time for some, but for others, like those new to the lands around them and the world that they found themselves in, a year bespoke of knowledge, of understanding, of an intimacy developed over time and a plethora of experiences. Perhaps Somnus held that now, yes, even if it hadn’t quite been a complete year since his arrival to Delumine. Funny, how so much could happen in so little time. It was also a little sad, but he chased the thought before it could manifest into something much larger.

As the two fell in step with one another, Somnus chuckled. He felt at east in Orion’s company, and that was a blessing from the typical stresses of the Court system. There was a nagging thought in the back of the Dawn King’s mind, however, a simple question of ’will he stay?’ The question made him queasy.

The Dawn Court was accustomed to strangers finding their way into their borders, but many of them did not stay. What stole them away from Delumine’s lush forests and beautiful rivers, Somnus did not know, but inevitably it seemed that they drifted onward, like ghosts in the night never to be seen or heard from again. It made it hard to conceive an intimate inner circle, to form a Council of those that he knew he could trust, and those who he knew would not leave. It was difficult, but he was getting there. Albeit ever so slowly. He wondered if Orion could prove himself so capable, and certainly hoped so.

“I have no doubt in my mind that you will, and soon,” the dunalino stated warmly, offering the spotted grullo a rueful grin, “Most of our sunrises and sunsets can be seen just outside of the Capitol’s very walls. Perhaps you can join me later?” There were no plans to be had, after all. He was free for the evening, for now, at least. Free time was a blessing, and one that he did not often get to partake in.

Together they approached the Citadel, the doors wide open for King and compatriot. They passed beneath the threshold, and as they did, Somnus began to speak once more. “In Delumine, we ask that everyone be respected. As such, you are free to choose where you wish to sleep, or stay. Some stay here, in this Citadel. Some stay outside, or in the forests or even by the river. It’s completely up to you. If you would like to stay here, I would be happy to show you a room you may call your own.”

Oriens knew they had plenty of empty rooms, depressing as it might be.

“If you have any questions, I’ll answer what I can.”

xx
space

@Orion - If you wanted we could wrap up the thread soon, and start another one? Maybe set after the meeting? :3

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
clear the skies from smoke - by Orion - 02-27-2018, 11:57 PM
RE: clear the skies from smoke - by Somnus - 02-28-2018, 03:25 AM
RE: clear the skies from smoke - by Orion - 03-02-2018, 10:44 PM
RE: clear the skies from smoke - by Somnus - 03-03-2018, 09:34 AM
RE: clear the skies from smoke - by Orion - 03-04-2018, 12:11 AM
RE: clear the skies from smoke - by Somnus - 03-06-2018, 01:45 AM
RE: clear the skies from smoke - by Orion - 03-06-2018, 12:49 PM
RE: clear the skies from smoke - by Somnus - 03-18-2018, 04:25 AM
RE: clear the skies from smoke - by Orion - 03-21-2018, 09:22 PM
RE: clear the skies from smoke - by Somnus - 04-02-2018, 01:14 AM