Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Audaces fortuna iuvat

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 399 — Threads: 81
Signos: 100
Inactive Character

A CHOIR OF FURIES IN MY HEAD

She watches wariness dance down the mare’s spine somewhat appreciatively; certainly a warrior, this one, and Seraphina could understand her cool caution, her unwavering stare. It is something familiar, the sort of hypertension that occupied someone who had likely seen violence in the past. (Or, perhaps, merely the nerves of someone in an unknown location, but, given the mare’s build, she suspects it is at least a combination thereof.) As the strange mare looks her over, dissecting her just as Seraphina did to her moments ago, she straightens, locking eyes with her. The silver isn’t particularly offended by her nonreaction, nor her obvious suspicion. Gods know that she’s hardly known for her welcoming, open attitude. She waits, impassive and unreadable, for what seems to her like quite a while, but is likely only the space of moments – she has the impression that she is calculating her reaction to her.

Finally, a nod. Her name: Eksander. New to this land. As anticipated.

She waits for a pause in her speech before introducing herself in turn. “My name is Seraphina,” She offers simply, her gaze resting coolly on the warlike mare as she assesses her reaction – would she recognize the silver by name, or was she still so ignorant to Solterran politics as not to recognize the name of its queen? If she did not know, all the better; less trouble, and less explanation, at least for the time being. Either way, she would not be quick to offer her title (a title she so often wondered if she truly desired) to strangers in a land that was all too often out for her blood. If love for a leader were ever a possibility in a land torn open by war and classist strife, she is far from earning it yet. Carelessness led so often to trouble.

Charcoal ears twitch forward to catch her words as she continues to speak, a look of faint interest flitting across dark features. Although Seraphina has spent a good deal of time travelling Novus (Solterra, Ruris, and Denocte, at least), she has never left the continent, and travelers are always something of a curiosity to her. “I see. I have met travelers from similar lands, in the past. I am native to Solterra – I could show you the capitol, if you wish?” A statement phrased with the rising intonation of a question. The Capitol could be very dangerous, particularly at night, and, while she doubted that the mare in front of her needed any protection, in an unknown place, it was easy enough to find yourself in over your head. Besides, Seraphina does, to some extent, enjoy showing others around the capitol; in spite of her warlike stature, she possesses something of a scholarly streak, and any excuse to discuss the history and folklore of her people is something that she will take in stride. (She is teaching herself to be proud of them again, but not just because she has no choice this time.) She waits with subdued patience for an answer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tags | @eksander
notes | <3

@

I'M IN A ROOM MADE OUT OF MIRRORS
and there's no way to escape the violence of a girl against herself.

please tag Sera! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Messages In This Thread
Audaces fortuna iuvat - by Eksander - 03-14-2018, 01:15 PM
RE: Audaces fortuna iuvat - by Seraphina - 03-17-2018, 10:40 PM
RE: Audaces fortuna iuvat - by Eksander - 03-18-2018, 03:36 PM
RE: Audaces fortuna iuvat - by Seraphina - 04-08-2018, 12:34 PM