Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - A Heated Tide

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vanora

[Image: outgoing_by_arahvir_dbiz59a_by_odelae-dc2ea0d.png]

A wall of stone rose to the heavens before her as the young woman lifted her silver eyes at its immensity. A sly smile spread across her velvet lips as she tilted her head in observation. 
What do you think? Nora cast the thought into the abyss that was her mind and from the depths, a low, foreign grumble responded.
Strong, but I’ve seen armies that could step on this wall as if it were not there.
A chuckle escaped Nora as the creature inside her head prowled back and forth, like a big angry cat. 
Are you anxious? Nora asked again, her thought laced with humor.
Yes, I am anxious child, we’re in a godforsaken desert, how could I not be? The creature responded angrily.
Get used to it, we’ll be here awhile. Nora responded again as she lifted her hooves and began to move down the wall in search of a doorway. And when she came upon it, she felt a hiss shudder through her mind as the Naga responded to what was before them. A courtyard, impressive in size extended before them as Vanora waltzed through the gates, her glowing eyes swivelled about. Vanora could actually see the heat, it sweltered gently before her and she wondered if this was as hot as it grew or if this was a nice day for these people. Her steps were deliberate, her tail flicked behind her, back and forth. She took it all in, her heart swelled as she realized this could be her new life.
Don’t be so damn happy Vanora, I will find a way to get us back to the ocean. The Naga rumbled inside her skull, a wicked grin appeared in the darkness. 
Don’t count on it, Vanora said, it wasn’t a statement, it was a promise.
Vanora pulled herself from her thoughts and set up her mental wall to keep the Naga silent for a while before she stopped in the center of the courtyard. Her own thoughts bounced around as her curiosity grew with each glance at her surroundings. 
“Hello?” Nora’s words were honest and laced with question as they echoed around her, the silence seemingly endless.
The ocean tide had rolled into the desert and Solterra had no idea what they’d let into their borders. God, Nora hoped they’d never have to find out.

"Vanora speaks out loud"
The Naga speaks to Vanora
Vanora speaks to The Naga

Messages In This Thread
A Heated Tide - by Vanora - 03-27-2018, 10:23 PM
RE: A Heated Tide - by Caine - 03-28-2018, 01:04 PM
RE: A Heated Tide - by Vanora - 03-29-2018, 12:17 AM
RE: A Heated Tide - by Káin - 03-29-2018, 11:09 AM
RE: A Heated Tide - by Caine - 04-02-2018, 04:34 AM
RE: A Heated Tide - by Vanora - 04-05-2018, 10:49 PM
RE: A Heated Tide - by Káin - 04-22-2018, 01:08 PM
RE: A Heated Tide - by Caine - 05-15-2018, 07:08 PM