Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - A Heated Tide

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vanora

[Image: outgoing_by_arahvir_dbiz59a_by_odelae-dc2ea0d.png]

Silver eyes surveyed her surroundings more as she lounged in the midday sun. She felt The Naga brush up against her mental wall several times, impatience leaked from the creature and Nora couldn’t help but sigh. What a needy old beast. 
The heat caressed her dark skin and brought forth a sheen of sweat that dampened her neck. She shook her head, unaccustomed to the warmth. Vanora had grown up near the ocean, where the air was always wet and chilly. The citizens there had never experienced this sort of exposure to the ravaging swelter of the elements and neither had she. 
Her head whirled as she suddenly became aware of the carnage she’d missed before. There was significant damage to the courtyard and in that moment, she lowered her shields. The Naga perked up immediately and she felt it look at what she had seen.
Turmoil, was all it said, it’s voice distant, distracted within her mind. 
Vanora nodded her head and moved towards one of the pools within the walled court. She glanced at the cerulean water before her and a stranger stared back. Her brown skin was covered in dirt and grime, dusty and dull. Her eyes, though bright, seemed burdened and restless. Her pearly orbs moved over the scarred face that mirrored her own and felt The Naga chuckle deep within her mind.
What are you looking for child? It sneered at her, it’s voice filled with malice.

Vanora did not answer and continued to observe the pool beneath her. The chocolate coated woman wasn’t entirely sure how much time had passed but a foreign voice broke the silence. It was a masculine voice, smooth and controlled. A mask instantly rolled over Vanora’s features and she felt The Naga bristle within the darkness. She lifted her poll, her severe face suddenly devoid of emotion as she took in the man before her. He wore a cloak of onyx, it seemed to pool around him and cascade to the sand. And his wings, her eyes widened slightly at the sight of them. Two pairs of massive inky appendages draped across his shoulders, they were quite impressive. 

“I had guessed the carnage was not a permanent fixture,” Vanora spoke, her voice laced with slight sarcasm. She felt The Naga snicker quietly. 
“I am new to Solterra, I hope to find asylum here,” the woman spoke with little emotion but she was truly sincere about this particular subject. 
“Tell me, could you offer me that?” she asked with an inquisitive tilt of her head. 

"Vanora speaks out loud"
The Naga speaks to Vanora
Vanora speaks to The Naga

@Caine
OOC: I am sorry, I am so rusty!

Messages In This Thread
A Heated Tide - by Vanora - 03-27-2018, 10:23 PM
RE: A Heated Tide - by Caine - 03-28-2018, 01:04 PM
RE: A Heated Tide - by Vanora - 03-29-2018, 12:17 AM
RE: A Heated Tide - by Káin - 03-29-2018, 11:09 AM
RE: A Heated Tide - by Caine - 04-02-2018, 04:34 AM
RE: A Heated Tide - by Vanora - 04-05-2018, 10:49 PM