Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - When Knowledge is Power

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

S O M N U S

It wasn’t very often that Somnus found himself flabbergasted, or even remotely perplexed. To do so was an achievement all its own, and Messalina’s reaction to him calling out her name was one that he had not expected. She whirled about, a pale, spotted blur, silky tresses and braids bobbing and bouncing along her neck and she recognized him and fumbled into a kneeling curtsy. He hadn’t been expecting such a reaction, not when he recalled so vividly her jokes and keen conversation the morning of their first meeting. Were they not past all of this frivolity?

“Messalina, please,” he implored, emerald eyes glittering in fond warmth and his voice, elegant and rich, was smooth with affection, “There’s no need for that. I will always simply be your partner for raiding the hallways of the Citadel in the early morning hours, first and foremost. That is the greatest honor.”

Still, her following words warmed his heart. It was a nice feeling, knowing that he was surrounded by those that supported him, who genuinely cared. Somnus knew that there were surely those who did not appreciate his sudden ascension into power. He, an outsider to the Dawn Court, to Novus, crowned sovereign in a year since his arrival to this very land? Absurd, truly, and he did not fault them for their way of thinking. It was not his job to be liked by everyone, after all, but to do what was best for their Court.

“Thank you, Messalina, all the same. That means so very much, coming from a dear friend such as you.” He had heard the words of congratulations from the crowds that had immediately lingered and clamored for attention after the meetings closure, and while he appreciated their kindness, hearing it from the regal, spotted lady was an honor. A blessing. She was special, beloved, and Somnus valued her opinion dearly. “I only hope that I do not disappoint you all. The amount of pressure is vast, but I believe that with a close Council, we will overcome all tribulations. That’s… Actually what I wish to discuss with you.”

The crowds lingered around them, as though waiting for their turn to talk, but Somnus’ eyes were only upon the fond baby-blue’s before him. They all could wait. They would have to wait. The Dawn King’s posture relaxed, as it tended to do with the speckled lady. His shoulders loosened, his wings drooped, but he looked no less regal. His smile, when he spoke, was a humbled one.

“You are a brilliant mind, Messalina, and a passionate sage. From the moment that we met I was captivated by your sincerity and eagerness, with your knowledge and poise. Your respect for Delumine, for Dawn, for the library and all we represent is positively astounding and humbling, and I would be honored if you would stand as our Champion of Wisdom.”

Let the lingering crowds overhear. He did not care. All Somnus cared for, at that moment, was the answer that only Messalina could provide.

xx
space

@Messalina - Sorry that this is bleh and kinda everywhere ;-;

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
When Knowledge is Power - by Somnus - 03-30-2018, 08:40 PM
RE: When Knowledge is Power - by Messalina - 04-11-2018, 04:11 PM
RE: When Knowledge is Power - by Somnus - 04-16-2018, 04:34 AM
RE: When Knowledge is Power - by Messalina - 04-18-2018, 07:31 PM