Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I didn't do it

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

i'm a pretty flower girl
check out my pretty flower curls
Her heart runs to the beat of a thousand hooves as adrenaline courses like spirits through her veins.

Each amethyst eye glitters brightly, gems brought to light from the dark of the earth below. There is no part of Florentine that does not glow, no part of her that is still shadowed.

The girl has begun to live for these moments. For when the weight of her sovereignty does not press down upon her skull, bringing her low and bowing her down to earth with its demands. She lives for the moments when she laughs as free as a lark upon the wind. There is no place her joy cannot go, no place within her that does not tremble with her laughter.

The ribbon ripples and snaps with the wind. It dances wild and free, held at one end by her magic – a gentle, invisible thing. Her wings hold her up, her feet dangling as she watches the ribbon move with the breeze.

It is a moment of distraction, but a moment enough for Ulric’s body to find her feet and push. He catches her hard and her wings do not right themselves fast enough. They do not tip to catch the wind and she stumbles as if on the earth. She pitches like a ship at sea and soon she tumbles from her vantage point like a bird struck by an arrow.

There is no feline grace to Florentine. She has never been able to fall with elegance and so the flower girl tumbles to earth in a shower of feathers and petals. Her wings flap with fledgling youth as she scrambles on the rocky earth for grip.

IF she were any other girl, Florentine might have been embarrassed, she might have realized how un-queenly this moment was. Yet she doesn’t, she registers only when her limbs tangle with something else and in the confusion wonders if it was Ulric she hit on the way down. The ribbon is a crinkle below her – oh she can feel the silk of it against her upper limb. She strains for it, but her fall has made everything chaotic and Ulric is there but his prize is hers, she thinks, if only for a moment longer.

Flora will give him his ribbon back, but not just yet.

@Ulric - if you are not sure what has happened - that is fine! I left it intentionally vague as i did not want to power play Ulric's reaction. What i imagine has happened is Ulric has knocked Flora off balance which has caused her to crash land - possibly taking Ulric out in the process and since her wings were all out then she has kinda become rather ungainly as she tries to keep the ribbon from him and get up and away before he can catch her. So make of the chaos what you will and what suits Urlic! xDD <3 <3

florentine
rocking your pretty flower world

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
I didn't do it - by Florentine - 04-05-2018, 12:18 PM
RE: I didn't do it - by Ulric - 04-08-2018, 02:23 PM
RE: I didn't do it - by Florentine - 04-18-2018, 05:31 AM
RE: I didn't do it - by Ulric - 05-08-2018, 01:14 AM
RE: I didn't do it - by Florentine - 05-28-2018, 10:58 AM
RE: I didn't do it - by Ulric - 06-08-2018, 05:06 AM
RE: I didn't do it - by Florentine - 06-30-2018, 11:36 AM