Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I didn't do it

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

i'm a pretty flower girl
check out my pretty flower curls

They are a tangle of limbs and bent feathers. The earth is hard beneath them. Stones jab their disapproving warning in the horses’ backs and legs. It tells them not to fight. It knows what they do not.

The wind blows. Florentine is sure she hears it laugh (a whistle through the rocks) as it tugs the ribbon. Her heart is a thundering beat as she clasps the fragile  cloth and leaps up, victorious.

Each wing is still bruised from her fall. They reach out as ungainly as a child’s. For too long Florentine watches her prize – such a small reward it is for the chaos of their play-fight (and what is to come). For a girl who knows the future, whose dagger can warm and find any world she chooses of it, she is remarkably shortsighted.

The mountain resounds with the clatter of feet. One look is all that is needed. A glance of Amethyst to gold is enough to warn her of the future. Her mouth pops open, her spine shivering. Hairs along her back rise like hackles, only there is no ire within this girl of gilded gold. There is only mild fear for her hind feet are close to the edge…

Her thoughts, her worries, seem to stretch on for an eternity. Ulric’s advance lasts only seconds too, but he is slow to her as he lunges forward. Scant seconds it was, only enough time for Florentine to inhale, ready to shout. But all that comes out is a loud squeal as his body meets hers with a heavy thud. His momentum propels her back - there is no tangle of feet, there is no graceful leap or fall like she is so accustomed to. No, Florentine staggers back and drops off the edge of the mountain in a mess of flailing limbs and a wave of tangled hair. Petals hover in disarray, startled by their sudden freedom, slowly they begin their floating descent, following their plunging mistress.

Open air beckons Flora down, down, dow. Clouds rise up to cover her whole and in a roar of wind and ripping feathers Florentine is plummeting down the mountainside.

@Ulric aaaaand Flora is gone with an echoing squeal xDD <3 <3 
florentine
rocking your pretty flower world

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
I didn't do it - by Florentine - 04-05-2018, 12:18 PM
RE: I didn't do it - by Ulric - 04-08-2018, 02:23 PM
RE: I didn't do it - by Florentine - 04-18-2018, 05:31 AM
RE: I didn't do it - by Ulric - 05-08-2018, 01:14 AM
RE: I didn't do it - by Florentine - 05-28-2018, 10:58 AM
RE: I didn't do it - by Ulric - 06-08-2018, 05:06 AM