Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Ready or not, here I come

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Booker

Booker's thirst drove him to the Oasis. Not much else would have. Too many horses, too many voices. And judgements. Those were always popular.

He ignored most of them, standing in the shallows to slake his thirst. Then he heard the stranger.

“Excuse me, I’m sorry to bother you, but, by any chance have you seen a little girl?”

Booker lifted his head, licking his lips. A foal? Missing? Around here, that was bad news.

"She’s somewhere around 6 months, shiny gold color. Looks nothing like me."

Booker wasn't the only one practicing ignorance. A few horses gave the stranger disgusted or amused looks, but most just acted as though they didn't hear him at all.

Booker blew, clearing his nose of sand and dust as he approached the stranger. "Ain't seen a little one like that," he said. "When did you lose her?"

He bit back wanting to ask the stranger what the hell he'd been doing, letting a foal wander off. And if he was looking for a slave, Booker would make sure she stayed lost. He had a soft heart when it came to little ones; it was the only reason hew as even bothering with this.

@Hariel

Messages In This Thread
Ready or not, here I come - by Hariel - 04-08-2018, 07:20 PM
RE: Ready or not, here I come - by Booker - 06-25-2018, 04:53 PM