Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - As We Are

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

S O M N U S

As Orion presented himself, ever regal and noble grace, Somnus’ dark lips twitched upwards into a small, tired smile. He was pleased that the grullo was settling so well within Delumine, and that he had chosen Dawn to call home. The dunalino was also pleased that Orion had not taken the path of the birds and had flown away, as many wanderers tended to do. So many of their court, up and gone…

It was unnerving, and did little for his stress as King. That thought was immediately halted before it could take root. Here, in public, he could not give in to the weight upon his shoulders nor the churning, troubled darkness of his mind. That was for later, in the private confines of his own chambers.

“You flatter me,” he stated nobly, his accent thick and warm and fond as he regarded the younger male with gentle verdant eyes, “I should like to spend more amicable moments in the company of a good friend. Unfortunately, I’m here on business of the Court.” The Dawn King paused, head tilting thoughtfully as strands of ivory silk glistened in the sunlight, the smooth ebony of his horn a beacon of light and dark. “Walk with me?”

A request and a demand, even though Somnus would never truly demand anyone or anything. He was a simple man, after all. King though he may be, he rarely pulled rank. It just wasn’t in his blood.

Deciding to continue along the pathway forward, the tactician-turned-Sovereign chose a slow, leisurely pace in which to share an abrupt stroll about. The summer sun was warm upon his back and shoulders, but he basked in it, allowing it to warm the deepest parts of him. Truly, Ulric was right; he really should get outside more… As Orion fell into step with him, Somnus began to speak, his voice casual yet heavy with the weight of importance.

“I know that you only recently began to call Delumine your home, but we are all the brighter for your presence. You are keen and educated and familiar with the internal working of the court.” Verdant eyes slid sidelong to focus on the spotted grullo at his side, his pace slow but confident. “At our last meeting you offered your services to be our Emissary. The position is yours, should you still wish to take it.” Then, Somnus smiled ruefully with a shake of his head. “Though I will not fault you if you wish to decline.”

xx
space

@Orion

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
As We Are - by Somnus - 04-09-2018, 09:27 PM
RE: As We Are - by Orion - 04-09-2018, 09:38 PM
RE: As We Are - by Somnus - 04-10-2018, 09:46 PM
RE: As We Are - by Orion - 04-11-2018, 01:08 AM
RE: As We Are - by Somnus - 04-16-2018, 04:04 AM
RE: As We Are - by Orion - 04-21-2018, 02:58 AM
RE: As We Are - by Somnus - 05-13-2018, 10:05 AM
RE: As We Are - by Orion - 05-13-2018, 01:19 PM