Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - As We Are

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

S O M N U S

There was a familiarity with how Orion addressed him; so impersonal, so simple, so normal. It was a nice change from the typical stutters of ’You Majesty’ or ’King Somnus’ from the majority of the Court, the hushed whispers and bowing heads. The tactician didn’t think he would ever grow accustomed to it, not when he so passionately believed that he did not deserve such fealty. Unbidden, he sighed, a long and deep breath rattling from his lungs.

“Indeed,” he agreed simply, as Somnus was a man of few words. Quick and to the point. It was simply how he was, how he had always been. “Perhaps you are right. Apologies. My mind and body tends to withhold the stresses from Court when I should be finding a better way to relax.” Anything, really, at this point. Tension coiled in every muscle, from the tightness in his shoulders and wing-joints, the furrow of his brow, and the clench of his jaw. Sooner or later it would all catch up to him.

He hoped, for his sake, that it was later than sooner.

Then, the dunalino held his tongue and retained his silence, letting Orion take as much time as he needed to with his answer. It was surprisingly abrupt, his agreement, requiring little time to formulate an answer when. Warm gratitude pooled in his chest, and Somnus smiled, just a bit of that tension finally slipping away from the golden man’s shoulders. Keen verdant slid sideways, watching Orion from the corner of his eye as they remained at their leisurely pace, strolling about the courtyard in counsel. He hoped that the grullo princeling could handle the stresses and requirements of his newfound position, and that he would push himself to do everything that he could for Delumine. It was mandatory, after all. One did not retain their position if they simply stood still and idle.

The Emissary was a position of political prowess and gilded tongues. It was their duty to formulate and build the relations between their Court and others. Through positivity and negativity, the Emissary was the ’face’ of its corresponding Court, and Somnus hoped that Orion would not disappoint. Ipomoea had been a grand Emissary, and those would certainly be large shoes to fill.

Despite his newfound worries, the Dawn King’s smile remained. “Brilliant, Orion. You have my thanks. I hope to see many great things from you in the future.”

With that, he allowed all topics of the Court to drop. Already he was looking forward to sequestering himself within his personal chamber and losing himself to an awaiting novel, perhaps over a cup of tea or coffee. Perhaps Ulric would join him. He made a mental note to send out a servant to drag the dutiful Warden away from his strict schedule after parting ways from Orion.

“I haven’t even asked yet; are you settling quite well within Dawn, Orion? I’m hoping that you are finding Delumine to your liking, the scenery and its people.”

xx
space

@Orion

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
As We Are - by Somnus - 04-09-2018, 09:27 PM
RE: As We Are - by Orion - 04-09-2018, 09:38 PM
RE: As We Are - by Somnus - 04-10-2018, 09:46 PM
RE: As We Are - by Orion - 04-11-2018, 01:08 AM
RE: As We Are - by Somnus - 04-16-2018, 04:04 AM
RE: As We Are - by Orion - 04-21-2018, 02:58 AM
RE: As We Are - by Somnus - 05-13-2018, 10:05 AM
RE: As We Are - by Orion - 05-13-2018, 01:19 PM