Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - a letter filled with hope

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Renwick

Dawn crests upon the horizon as the eagle descended upon the smoke smudged Capitol of the Sun, her shadow gracefully meandered over the sandstone buildings and cobbled streets. She is no small creature, she is proud, her mottled plumage of alabaster and caramel mark her different. Unique. She is not of this land, to be sure. She carries a purpose to the beat of her wings, the way her sharp features fixated upon the Sun Palace as she neared.

A golden eagle touched by the light of the moon and her stars.

Higher and higher she climbed, searching until she can see the recipient of her carefully tied message. The gift tenderly strapped to her back. She had carried them reverently, dutifully, and it would be a blow to see her care wasted in the last moment. She is tired, yes, but she will not be foolish and dive toward the window of the balcony she alighted upon now, like a fledging who had found her wings.

Too big for a window ledge, she sat stiffly, patiently. Her shrill cry is pleasant before she offered her leg, tied by silver strings upon it is the first of her precious cargo. The caligraphy upon the envelope is exquisite, clearly the writer has agonized over the smallest detail, right down to the emerald wax seal, and the eagle seal embossed upon it.

Seraphina, the ink whispered upon the envelope, and then smaller, for the eyes of the intended reader only; she whose silver hair is brighter than the sun.

Once the letter is removed from her leg, the Eagle shifted and then turned. Proud, to show the flowers carefully tied to her back. As fresh as the morning they were collected, with nary a damage upon petal nor stalk. Starlit roses glitter and glimmer in the morning light, holding within their center Sunfire Liles and Ocean Breath Orchids. The color of seraphina's eyes carefully wrapped within the moon's tender hold.

Her gifts delivered, the Eagle gave an affectionate, knowing trill and fluttered off to the side. She would rest, and then return to Direstone when able.

"Seraphina,

I hope this letter finds you well, Kalani has not failed me before, and I doubt she will now. I had hoped to send you a letter detailing my departure from Denocte to visit you, and my excitement at seeing you again. But I'm afraid I cannot, not for now at least, there are matters that require my attention, and even if part of me wishes to lay them aside to come and see you in your desert home...

I cannot, the Raven Gates are closed to me and mine, for now. The guards will not allow me passage. There is tension in the air, even the men and women at Direstone can feel it, and I'm preparing for the journey to the Capitol as I pen this to you.  

I hope you are well, and the state of Solterra has not worsened since the Night we met within the Caves, I hope the crown you wear has not become a harder burden to bear. That your troubles at least, have abated somewhat, though I know better than to truly hope for peace in these times.

It's funny, is it not? How fate weaves and works. I have thought of much since our first meeting, but I'm awful at putting them to pen and parchment now, usually my thoughts run away from me. Alavin always said that it was the damnedest thing, how I could write and write and write. Now at the idea of penning you a letter, I'm stuck bumbling like a foal in the dark trying to find words to say. Not very Commanderly, is it?

Enjoy the flowers, I wasn't sure if you would like them, they were supposed to be given to you at the border by myself but....

I will come, one way or another to see your Kingdom of Sun and Sand. I promise.

Faithfully yours,
Ren."

@Seraphina

Messages In This Thread
a letter filled with hope - by Renwick - 04-30-2018, 07:33 PM
RE: a letter filled with hope - by Seraphina - 05-01-2018, 01:50 AM