Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - a change of heart?

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 399 — Threads: 81
Signos: 100
Inactive Character

☼ s e r a p h i n a ☼

but I do wonder how they know
cause they don't die if they don't grow

He had the look of someone who was clearly entrapped by his own thoughts; one look at his face was enough to tell her that. Solterra had dwindled and fallen into tyranny under isolationism, but Denocte remained a port city – their resources shouldn’t falter, and they would have contact with the outside world, just not the rest of Novus. She was sure that the Denoctians felt like caged animals, their precious freedom stripped from them, at least temporarily, but she knew enough of their leaders to know that, though they seemed to her to be far too passionate and perhaps impulsive for their own good, they were not so tyrannical as their decision to close the gates seemed to have made so many believe.

She had lived under a tyrant, after all.

Perhaps she could see it as an act of cowardice, or a lack of accountability. It seemed that most of Denocte’s troubles with the outside world involved the Regime, not the kingdom’s citizens, who would be most affected by the gates. However, it wasn’t her business to judge their actions until she knew what they had planned, and, so long as they caused no trouble for Solterra, their present situation was irrelevant to the silver.

At his words, she offered him a dip of her head and a look of very faint warmth. “Then follow me,” She said, and stepped forward onto the winding sandstone streets.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tags | @Cynix
notes | finally tossed up this closer, RIP

@

I'M IN A ROOM MADE OUT OF MIRRORS
and there's no way to escape the violence of a girl against herself.

please tag Sera! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Messages In This Thread
a change of heart? - by Cynix - 05-06-2018, 09:30 AM
RE: a change of heart? - by Seraphina - 05-06-2018, 11:32 AM
RE: a change of heart? - by Cynix - 05-06-2018, 12:09 PM
RE: a change of heart? - by Seraphina - 05-06-2018, 02:34 PM
RE: a change of heart? - by Cynix - 05-13-2018, 03:31 PM
RE: a change of heart? - by Seraphina - 06-01-2018, 10:18 PM
RE: a change of heart? - by Cynix - 06-01-2018, 10:30 PM
RE: a change of heart? - by Seraphina - 06-23-2018, 04:17 PM