Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fade to Black  - All my love comes home to you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

"you can put a short quote here"
An ear tilted back at the sound of someone approaching. The lush grasses parted beneath the force of a cautious step, yet Somnus did not turn his head to see who it was. There was no urgency in the pace that waded through tall grasses and a sea of flickering fireflies, no threat of ambush or danger. A scent, warm and welcome and familiar, greeted his nostrils before a fleeting touch pressed against the smoothness of his flank. It was a gentle caress of familiarity, of understanding, and only then did Somnus turn his head to see who had joined him.

She spoke in turn with his motion, and his eyes, tired emerald depths, found her own earthen shade as his name left her lips.

Somnus. His name, so simple and plain a word, yet the message was clear as it was spoken within a dulcet voice; I’m here.

A moment of breathless silence, filled only by the chirrups of the nocturnal insects and the babble of the creek. “Eulalie.” I know.

Above them, Alba fluttered up to perch into the branches of a nearby tree. The barn owl stared at both equines with a look of careful scrutiny, concern shining within beady black eyes. She gave a flutter of mottled wings, clearly pleased with herself, before turning her attention on the fireflies that danced around them. With a loud hiss and a pop! of impatience, Alba spread her wings once more and dropped out of the branch to leave the two equines to their own devices.

”I’m going hunting,” her voice echoed within Somnus’ own head, satisfied yet straightforward, ”I didn’t want you to be alone, so I found her. I hope you don’t mind.” The barn owl’s insight was humbling, and Somnus found that he did not deserve her thoughtfulness. Still, he sent a feeling of gratitude, of affection, of adoration in her direction, letting it flow between their bonds, before the dunalino let himself focus completely upon the ivory and sunshine maiden who had traveled so very far, just for him.

“Eulalie.” Again, her name. It was a tired sigh upon his lips, yet one of relief. “I… Did not expect to see you.” It meant so much to him that she had come, that she had put aside whatever she had been doing to see him… Yet the longer that he stared back at her, the more that his eyes adjusted to the darkness that only grew about them despite the flickering lights of the fireflies, Somnus found that he grew concerned. There was something different about her. She seemed… Off? Gaunt, perhaps. Had she not been eating or drinking? Was she ill? There was an exhaustion to her stunning brown eyes that had not been there during their excursion at the festival, a listless sort of finality that did not belong in the gaze of a woman so vivacious. It was as if all of the joy and radiance that she had so brazenly displayed, so proudly wore like a piece of jewelry, had been sucked dry. What had happened?

His own transgressions and guilt pushed aside, forgotten and ignored for the time being, Somnus made a motion with his muzzle for Eulalie to step closer, so that they stood an intimate side by side. His worry for her welfare outweighed everything else, and it came as no surprise that the Dawn King realized that he, too, would drop everything for her. “… Are you alright? You look troubled, darling.”

Darling.

The endearment slipped out without his knowledge, yet Somnus found he didn’t want to take it back. When was the last time that he called anyone such a thing? Had there ever been a time? He didn’t know.

tag: @Eulalie <3

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
All my love comes home to you - by Somnus - 05-15-2018, 08:32 PM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Eulalie - 05-16-2018, 10:15 PM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Somnus - 05-20-2018, 10:39 AM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Eulalie - 05-23-2018, 09:53 PM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Somnus - 05-24-2018, 08:46 PM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Eulalie - 05-26-2018, 05:43 PM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Somnus - 05-27-2018, 07:44 AM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Eulalie - 05-29-2018, 10:04 AM