Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fade to Black  - All my love comes home to you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

"Oh, but my tongue is a weapon."
’I trust you.’

The words were surprising to hear, yet so very welcome. They settled within his head and wrapped about his heart, shielding him from the doubts that so threatened to drown him. Trust was something that should not so casually be given, and so knowing that he had received such a precious blessing was humbling beyond compare. The dunalino held his stance, held his silence and his once-sharp tongue, letting the weight and the implication of her words, both spoken and unspoken, wrap around him.

’I trust you.’

… Why?

What had he done to earn such an inestimable gift? What noble action had he performed to receive such an intimate part of Eulalie’s being? For a long while he simply stood, not as a King, not as a tactician, but just as a man. A simple, flawed man. His eyes, that piercing emerald, remained rooted and transfixed upon Eulalie’s own earthen gaze. In her eyes swam a loyalty so profound, so giving, along with understanding, with affection, with warmth. He, a man lost at sea, and Eulalie, the land for which he so desperately reached out for.

Promise was what he saw in her eyes, so deep, so profound, so expressive. This fierce warrior, this gentle heart, held Somnus in her highest regard… And such devotion was extraordinary. He simply could not fathom it. Yet just as she stated her trust for him, Somnus found that it was returned wholly and completely. There were few that he felt he could trust with everything that he was. Alba, Ulric, Ipomoea, Florentine… Now, Eulalie was added to that special place, to his inner circle.

Unbidden, he smiled. “As do I.” Simple. Precise. He knew that he did not need to extrapolate for Eulalie to understand.

Silence fell between them once more, but Somnus was growing accustomed to such a thing. They stood as close as they could while still remaining one separate being. Should anyone happen upon them, surely they would think them caught in the intimate position of two lovers seeking a secluded evening alone… He thought nothing of it. Hopefully no one would interrupt their private moment. His heart began to slow, his anxieties beginning to flood from his system, simply from her touch alone. Oh, but she was so warm. Somnus found himself drowning in her scent, in the might and glory of her presence. By the Gods, but what was wrong with him? Was he so lost in himself, so distraught, that he was beginning to grow mad? Or was this something else?

Then, blessed salvation. ’You are so much more than you can see.’ Those words reminded him of a familiar conversation, one not so far in the past. He continued to hold her gaze, his own nearly imploring as he searched the ivory and sunshine maiden’s pretty face for falsehoods. There were none.

Bravely, Eulalie pressed against the curve of his neck. Somnus’ breath hitched momentarily, but he found himself relaxing into her affection. ”Eulalie…” She was speaking then, her voice deep, holding promise. Was he not the only one who felt the stirrings for something tangible, something desperate? Did Eulalie as well, feel the need for a primal sort of comfort? Shifting where he stood, the Dawn King changed his stance so that they were no longer standing side by side, but instead, so that they were nearly facing one another. Not once did he pull away from the warrior’s caress, keeping them pressed together even as he moved. Then, with a deep sigh as though a heavy weight had finally been removed from his shoulders, Somnus buried his face within the beautiful, golden tresses presented before him. For a moment he remained that way, locked in such an intimate embrace, before pulling back if only enough to meet Eulalie’s eyes.

“If only you will allow me to do the same for you, darling. Tonight… Just let it be us. Let us forget the world, let us forget our troubles and our burdens. Just let it be us, if...” Somnus trailed off, uncharacteristically nervous. His heart raced, but where he had once been filled with cold panic, it was now replaced with warm acceptance. If she could have faith in him, then perhaps Somnus could have faith in himself. Yet that, of course, was a thought for another time, for daylight. Such musings no longer had a place among their little paradise. Pressing his muzzle into the golden braids of her mane, the dunalino once more inhaled her scent, before placing a soft kiss against her jaw.

“… If you will have me.”

tag: @Eulalie - <3 Let me just drown in all these sappy feels, rip

Officially Somnus’ closing ‘FTB’ post!

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
All my love comes home to you - by Somnus - 05-15-2018, 08:32 PM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Eulalie - 05-16-2018, 10:15 PM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Somnus - 05-20-2018, 10:39 AM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Eulalie - 05-23-2018, 09:53 PM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Somnus - 05-24-2018, 08:46 PM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Eulalie - 05-26-2018, 05:43 PM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Somnus - 05-27-2018, 07:44 AM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Eulalie - 05-29-2018, 10:04 AM