Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - waltz of the flowers;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

FLORENTINE

always one decision away from a totally different life
-- ♕ --

Florentine watches her brother, rapt. She drinks in his every word for its wisdom, for the careful thought he gives it. She may be his sovereign, but his place as her older, wiser brother is never in dispute.

Her head bobs, lips pursing as she considers his every word as he considers every thought he puts voice to. They are silent, in their small, private space away from the thrum of the festival.

Florentine gave her brother her every attention, but for one moment, where it slips to a boy with antlers. This would not be her only conversation about gods this night. She was to entertain the idea more, little did she know.

With dark eyes she studies her brother and the stars that dapple his skin. She reaches out to touch one and then the next. Over and over, a thousand stars upon his skin that she locks away in her memory. “I would be lost without you, brother.” And never has she spoken a truth so honestly.

He accepts her offering of painting and her laughter spills like Prosecco between them. “I am sure you are right. Though maybe my drunken efforts will be thoroughly inspired?”

Her brother moves forward, his tail flicking at her chest. With a huff she lifts her head to avoid the flash of his tail. With a laugh she surges on, nape arching as her teeth reach out to nip at his flank. “Come brother, I will race you. You may wish to win, or else I shall have you painted in girly pink and glitter before the night is over and no one will ever take you seriously as a regent again.”

With that the flower girl is gone, leaving only petals in her wake.

@Asterion | a quick finish!  
rallidae

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
waltz of the flowers; - by Asterion - 05-26-2018, 10:17 PM
RE: waltz of the flowers; - by Florentine - 05-28-2018, 10:27 AM
RE: waltz of the flowers; - by Asterion - 05-28-2018, 08:00 PM
RE: waltz of the flowers; - by Florentine - 06-05-2018, 03:46 PM
RE: waltz of the flowers; - by Asterion - 06-09-2018, 11:48 AM
RE: waltz of the flowers; - by Florentine - 06-30-2018, 02:42 PM
RE: waltz of the flowers; - by Asterion - 07-02-2018, 01:57 PM