Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - meet me where the end begins, in echoes

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Makeda

She recognized the rusted collar that clung to his throat, the way it gleaned dully in Solis' light as he drew closer. This was a boy that once belonged to Solterra's horde of child soldiers, a crew that she had followed curiously every now and then as they trekked the Mors and its endless sands. Makeda was still but a young girl herself then, but she could recall the hushed friendships that were formed in those times. Their glorified babysitters would fall asleep, and in swooped the budding Davke child, ready to bury her nose where it did not belong.

Perhaps it was no surprise, then, that she did not back off when Taisce encroached upon her personal space. She was notorious for her boldness, a trait that sometimes invited trouble to her door... but it was not often that Makeda shied from danger and today was no different. In fact, she welcomed his closeness, taking a step of her own to further close what gap lay between them. He spoke while she did so, making mention of old friends; they clicked with her, leading a sharp brow to quirk ever so slightly. The familiarity that flooded her mind washed over it a second time, providing her the memories of child soldiers she once knew. Taisce, she recalled his name, but there was something different about him. His skin remained like a reflection of the sea, though he almost seemed to suit it more- and the delicate fins that adorned him now, those were different.

In spite of the oddities, Makeda maintained her air of confidence. "It appears you've contracted a disease," she noted the fins aloud, flashing her violet gaze to them briefly, "I would consider getting those looked at." The scorpion knew not of where they came from, but sarcasm was a gift naturally bestowed upon her and she was happy to dole it out to a friend of old - regardless of whether or not they remained friends.

Gazini, of course, knew better. He wound his way closer to them, uttering a guttural hiss of protest to their closeness. He cared not if she knew him from her younger days; there was something off about this sea-singing wanderer and he did not hesitate to make his distaste for him known. Unfortunately for the serpentine dragon, Makeda remained firm in where she stood. "Ease your worries, Gazini, I presume Taisce here isn't foolish enough to lay a hoof on me." A sultry smirk befell her pale lips- an invite, a dare for him to strike if such a desire rested within his warrior's soul.

- - - - - - - -

@taisce girl is trouble w/ a capital T 

image © lunarblues

Messages In This Thread
meet me where the end begins, in echoes - by Taisce - 06-03-2018, 07:16 AM
RE: meet me where the end begins, in echoes - by Makeda - 06-03-2018, 08:59 PM
RE: meet me where the end begins, in echoes - by Taisce - 06-04-2018, 05:28 PM
RE: meet me where the end begins, in echoes - by Makeda - 06-06-2018, 05:50 PM