Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - dusty pages and candlelight

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

FLORENTINE

always one decision away from a totally different life
-- ♕ --

He offers the tea, the scent of books and beeswax giving way to the scent of peppermint. The girl inclined forwards, carried upon the plume of steam that rolled up from the hot cup. She drank the scent her eyes closing for a moment as each tastebud relished the curious smell. Slowly her eyes opened and her head tilted. She gazed as the kirin from above the cup he still held out for her.

“I have never had peppermint tea before.” The girl muses softly, each word still adorned in sleep like cobwebs. Her smile is just as tired and lazy – hazy with dreams that linger upon the edges of their candlelight. “I have had lots of tea before, when I was… other.” And that is all Florentine will tell of her times in other worlds when her body was not equine but different.

Gracefully she takes the cup from him, bringing it to her gilded lips. “And what are the effects of this concoction you give me?” Then her smile turns more mischievous, her laughter a husky ripple in the air. “Should I be wary of your motives?” The girl asks, even as the liquid touches her lips. Ah, it would be too late for her now if her jesting fell short and the kirin did indeed mean to poison his sovereign.

Placing the cup before her, the flower queen watches the kirin and the infinite stars his skin reflects around them. Yes her skin is gold and bright, but of it is nothing compared to the glow of his. He paints universes with his body and she merely flowers and gold. “Well,” the young mare muses lightly, “I hope the perceive me as one of them.” But even as she says it, she thinks of the bows, the dawning respect and recognition that swept across her brethren when they realized who she was. A frown darkens the gold of her, it draws her delicate features into shadow.

Florentine is grateful then, when conversation rolls on. “Indeed we are short of sages, Relic. Each seem to be busy doing their own thing. Terrastella is known for its strength in healers and ours are incomparable – especially with the Ilati here too. If you wish to grow as a sage, then I know Somnus, Delumine’s sovereign, well and I am sure he would welcome you to join his sages for a season or two if you wish?”

@Relic |    | <3 lemme know if he is interested
rallidae

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
dusty pages and candlelight - by Relic - 06-03-2018, 04:01 PM
RE: dusty pages and candlelight - by Florentine - 06-11-2018, 11:50 AM
RE: dusty pages and candlelight - by Relic - 06-12-2018, 04:45 PM
RE: dusty pages and candlelight - by Florentine - 06-28-2018, 11:20 AM
RE: dusty pages and candlelight - by Relic - 06-30-2018, 03:16 PM
RE: dusty pages and candlelight - by Florentine - 07-02-2018, 05:35 AM
RE: dusty pages and candlelight - by Relic - 07-06-2018, 10:03 PM